What's the most you'd pay for a Bag o' Crap?

I’d go a bit higher than $10, but there would need to be a guarantee of at least 1 working electronic or big item. These latest bocs seem to have a lot of damaged or customer returns (ear wax really?) Woot should rethink that.

There was a site years ago I think ThingFling (they sold mostly electronics, but they no longer exist) where they had a choice of random boxes by price range, $10, $20, or $30. I took a chance & paid 30 bucks & got a standing fan worth 80 bucks at the time & other stuff which I forget, but we just retired the fan 2 years ago. Sigh, life moves on & I need to stop showing my age, but I did answer the question.

10 Likes

LOL, I bought a case from wine Woot!

7 Likes

Testify.

6 Likes

$1.99 is my maximum limit!

10 Likes

stan marsh guy GIF by South Park

9 Likes

Woot even had their own label.

8 Likes

I’ve been a member since 2008, I’ve never been lucky enough to get a bag of crap.

6 Likes

I was there, 3000 years ago, when they were $1 and you could request upto 3!

8 Likes

I’d say sell 100,000 of them at $100 a piece. Most of them have a half used roll of paper towels and some discarded paper. 1 of them has a really nice 80"+ 8K flat screen. Call it the “Proceeds go to funding Phallic Rockets R’ Us BOC!!” :upside_down_face:

Jeff Bezos GIF by GIPHY News

3 Likes

It’s crap, $5. But its a hypothetical question, BOC don’t exist. Lies told to the gullible. In all my years, don’t believe I’ve ever gotten one.

7 Likes

Grab one here for about $16

5 Likes

It depends on the crappery in said bag. If the increased price would also include the possibility of occaisionally recieving a more swagish item or perhaps once in a while finding a Woot! coupon of varying denomination hidden in the bag, I may just up the ante!
Cartoon Money GIF

9 Likes

Let’s face facts. Most BOC’s are not worth the value of nag alone. So let us not talking about possible increases in cost.

5 Likes

$49.99 IIRC

5 Likes

Can someone please explain what this is? I’m brand new to woot.

5 Likes

That tea cozy knitter is a wizard! Gives me ideas to set my inner knitter maniac free. I might pay a little more for a BOYC (box of yarn crap) for some crazy imaginative knitting Frankensteins

4 Likes

This was the other label they sold a lot of. Mystery cases of mixed Wellington Reds.

7 Likes

No Way Reaction GIF
Should b free and postage on u

8 Likes

Bags of crap are illusive creatures that play hide and seek with Woot! shoppers. They are a russian roulette purchase. You are assured of getting several somethings from the warehouse. They are plucked at random stuffed in a box along with 1 or 2 Woot! branded goodies. Generally you recieve items with a retail price ususally above $10. The caveat is there may not be a single thing you find useful [/u]OR[/u] there may be some genuine treasure inside. It is a genuine crap shoot.
You are allowed purchase one of the lottery boxes every 31 days. HOWEVER there are many many things that will get in your way. A successful purchase doesn’t happen often. Thecrap boxes are rare as hens teeth these days. The competition is fierce. The antiquated and convoluted payment system is HORRIBLE and will likely result in failure to check out successfully. That in and of itself is frustrating. Even more hope, then angst, then frustration is to be had when competing for crap. The payment frustrations aren’t the.only things cluttering the path to successful purchse. It is strewn with pot holes and rocks. This is due to Woot! Server problems and other site foibles. If by some miracle you make it all the way through the maze madness give yourself a few minutes of happiness beleiving you did the impossible. Then (when you dare) go and look at your purchase history. There a good chance the purchse was canceled because it was sold out while you were taking waaayy too long to check out.

Computer Reaction GIF
Not to mention when there is crap to be had, there are so many sharks in the water the site can crash.
Having said all that I still bite every time. If by some miracle you succeed it is worth every cent of the $9.99 to just open the box.
Spongebob Squarepants Good Luck GIF
Good luck!!!

12 Likes

How’s about you make them more available and attainable? I’ve not been able to get through a purchase in over a year and it’s just getting beyond silly.

6 Likes