Where did the little 'quote' button go? EDIT: IT'S FIXED!

There used to be a little quote button on the far top left corner.
Is it gone for good??

Confused Looking For GIF by Looney Tunes

4 Likes

It’s this one Woot! devs. Purleeze bring it back! :muscle: :black_cat: :black_cat:

4 Likes

You can still highlight text and click quote, but I’ll leave a note for staff.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Where, oh where did my quote button go?
Oh where or where could it be?

We’re looking for it.

:eyes:
:mag:

10 Likes

8 Likes

awkward d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

5 Likes

Here’s the reply from Discourse.

The quote button has been removed from the composer recently. This decision was made due to the following reasons:

Could you provide us with additional information about your use case so we can share it with our Product team for internal review?




Reasons I came up with off the top of my head:

  • Discoverability: We have a lot of new community members. The quote button was easy to find and use. Without it, there’s no obvious way to quote.
  • Mobile: It’s easier on mobile.
  • Gamification: We have a lot of games where quote the post above you is part of the game.

I’d love to hear your thoughts to add to this. I think there’s a workaround that someone has already created. I’m looking into that.

11 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever used that button. I’ve always highlighted what i wanted quoted before posting. I have noticed new users in the weekly giveaway threads quoting the entire first post & using that as an entry wondering why they did that. Guess that button made it easier :man_shrugging: Getting older & still learning something new every day :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

How about… because Wooters don’t like change.
Change is bad…mkayyyy.
PUT IT BACK OR ELSE
And @Williamdavi.

10 Likes

Tell them to get rid of blockquote or underline. AIN’T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THOSE.

11 Likes

james whale riot GIF by Maudit

8 Likes

Season 3 Ifc GIF by Portlandia

5 Likes

Angry Fire GIF by Pudgy Penguins

9 Likes

Good idea. A nice lunch buffet goes well with a riot.

10 Likes

Angry Black Friday GIF by Buyout Footage

THAT LITTLE QUOTE BUTTON WAS MY FAVORITE BUTTON!

NOW MY LIFE SEEMS MEANINGLESS AND EMPTY.

ONLY THE RETURN OF THAT LITTLE BUTTON, ALONG WITH A NICE CATERED LUNCH WITH PIZZA AND ADULT BEVERAGES WILL CHEER ME UP.

Season 6 Reaction GIF by Friends

12 Likes

Jennifer Lopez Yes GIF by mtv

5 Likes

Thanks so much for the update!

All your reasons look great. While I play the daily games in a full browser, I did immediately think about how hard it would be to copy/paste for mobile.

Looking at the toolbar that we see today, I’ve never once clicked on the “Insert date/time” button, and now that I just did, I honestly still don’t understand what I’m looking at! Also, align right is more important that quote?

10 Likes

Hungry Ready To Eat GIF

8 Likes