Why are the "before markdown" prices so jacked up and false?

So where in the heck did they get that $274 price tag before they marked it down to 95? I couldn’t find it anywhere for $274… the deal is your paying almost full price smh.

Same thing here!

That’s the manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP). What retailers actually charge is up to them.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, just offering up some info.)

3 Likes

Yep, as @peaceetc said, it’s the MSRP. The manufacturer can put whatever dream price they want on the product. It doesn’t mean that it ever sold at that price.

Personally, I hate list prices because I have to answer all the posts bout them.

:w_sob:

7 Likes

Blame @wajeremy

3 Likes

I don’t know, it still seems pretty dishonest when it’s never been sold for that anywhere.

This is why I set my msrp low, and then mark it down to a higher price.

Pro-gamer move!

1 Like

Your logic is sound, but discount stores have been around since the very beginning. I believe I saw a passage in Genesis, something like:

And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters, and many of his children didest open discount markets whereth thine goods wast highly coveted because they dideth sell for well below the inflated MSRP.

But seriously, there are good deals here. Just ignore the MSRP - the manufacturer only puts it out there to fool people.

3 Likes

You realise that Woot is a retailer and the price you’re complaining about is set by the manufacturer right?

Maybe complain to that place instead.

1 Like

What about if I miss the old Woot. Can I complain about that here?

1 Like

Yes. That’s a valid complaint. Did you get the yoga joes?

1 Like

They make a product for that:

6 Likes

Darn! Sold out!

3 Likes

No, I’m actually MR SP. But I get MSRP’s mail a lot.

3 Likes