Will Woot Customer Service Help Me With This?

Alright so this was my first time ordering from Woot. I’ll try and keep this brief. (Yeah “try” being clearly loose here lol)

I had made an order (we’ll refer to this as Order 1) on the 25th of this month early in the morning. 8 or so hours later, I noticed the same item was with a bundle that I wanted instead (which we will refer to as Order 2). So I checked my payment method, there were no holds/authorizations or anything of the sort, and my balance remained the same as the night prior. So I cancelled Order 1, gave them my reason and everything was approved and good to go. Again, my balance had plenty to cover for Order 2.

Shortly after, I went ahead and placed an order for Order 2, which then went out of stock moments later. A little over 10 hours after this, late that night, I started getting a bunch of emails from my card provider showing that Woot had put a hold on my funds for Order 1 (the long cancelled item), then immediately tried also taking funds for Order 2 but failed due to Order 1 taking my balance, and now the rest of my balance couldn’t cover Order 2. So now Order 2 was marked as Denied and my funds are being held.

I have tried contacting customer service and they finally got back to me two days later on the 27th. Issue is, they are only telling me that Order 2 didn’t go through because they couldn’t charge my card (which was because they had already taken a large amount of money out for Order 1, the long cancelled item). I replied back with a transaction ID for Order 1 and an email from Woot showing that the order was cancelled 10 hours before. It’s now been over 24 hours and I haven’t gotten a second reply back.

My question is, because Order 2 is now out of stock (despite clearly still having at least 1 for my denied order), am I completely out of luck? I’m more than happy with going through a process to still get Order 2 but is that something they could even do? After all, it was Woot’s automation process that decided to take funds 10 hours later for the wrong order.

I hope a staff member can guide me through this, I’m very appreciative for any sort of help! I understand this can be a complicated process and maybe customer service is being overwhelmed with a ton of support tickets like mine. I would really, really like to receive Order 2 though and have my held funds pay for that.

THAT was BRIEF!?

lol… I’m just kidding.

2 Likes

Yes lol, could of been way longer

2 Likes

Hi there. Our payment process is entirely done through Amazon Pay. We don’t have access to anything inside Amazon Pay so we can’t see why something did or didn’t go through.

Amazon Pay

All I can see is that both orders show APay trying repeatedly to get approved authorization. It will try for about 24 hours and then it will deny the order. I don’t think Order 1 had much to do with it as it was in the try/retry loop as well before you canceled the order.

You can try reaching out to Amazon Pay. You might also try a different card in your Amazon wallet.

I know that’s not much help but that’s all I got. :frowning:

Alright, I’ll try going through that process then. I appreciate you trying to help!

The one thing I will ask if you don’t mind is, because Order 2 is marked out of stock, am I just out of luck now that it was denied? If so that’s pretty disappointing for a first time purchase.

For Open Box, you’re out of luck. Open box items have very limited inventory. It may come back though. Sorry.

1 Like

Well that stinks, but thank you for the quick reply. I would try it next time but honestly it’s very worrying that something like this will happen again, so I will pass for now. Thank you and I hope I didn’t take up too much of your time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 4 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.