World Renowned Willie Bird Smoked Turkey

World Renowned Willie Bird Smoked Turkey

Wow. At the risk of sounding like a jerk (here we go), this is a lot of money for a 10 lb. turkey. For $55, you can get all the tools to smoke your own turkey, and have them ready for the next smoking. And the next. Here’s how: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/honey-brined-smoked-turkey-recipe2-2203632

4 Likes

Also, is the quoted weight before or after smoking?

is this turkey factory reconditioned or New?

3 Likes

Used only 2 days, but like new with original box.

1 Like

Does it run windows?

1 Like

Mmm, two day shipping with turkey. Sounds like getting sick.

1 Like

Estimated deliver 01/13-17/2020…

These are really fresh; When your order is received, they move a turkey egg into the incubator…

You got that right. The two times I got raging food poisoning it was from someone else’s commercial packaged smoked creations. If I smoke it myself - I know how it was handled, smoked and stored. I don’t eat packaged smoked items any longer - too bad it took two times to learn. Let me be clear - I love smoked - fresh from the smokehouse, my own, or a trusted friend.

1 Like

It says that it ‘Arrives by New Years’. Doesn’t say which New Years though.

can you freeze this product if you don’t finish it?

Do you have a freezer large enough to store a human head?

Is it compatible with my mac?

Are these refurbished?? It does not say.

The turkey might say that, if it could.

Not to beat a dead turkey to death or anything. This seems somewhat practical for someone who has either never had smoked turkey or doesn’t want to take the burn/blow up risk of smoking their own turkey. Yes at or over $5 a lb is high yet the risk has rapidly fallen. If one can avoid getting severely sick from food poisoning. Growing up we would eat turkey left overs for almost a week. Now days about 4 days is my max. I still believe with Prime shipping you should still safely be able to eat on this for a few days. Although, it being so small you probably won’t have many left overs to save hah hah. Just stating the obvious of course.

For one thing, just because you’re a Prime member as I am, this bird won’t get 2 day shipping. Most of the items I’ve bought from Woot have taken a minimum of a week to receive.
That said, it shouldn’t matter. A smoked turkey is just a ham with wings. They’re brined and smoked and have a long shelf life…it says 6-8 weeks in the description. The hams you buy in the store have been sitting around refrigerated for longer than that. I wouldn’t think twice about buying one of these.

I have mine in the oven now heating up. Will post later on if I would purchase again. I don’t have a smoker and was craving some turkey.

3 Likes

mmmm, winged ham.

/when pigs fly.

2 Likes

The turkey was good out of the oven, but I don’t think I would purchase again. A bit pricey. Fed 4 people with some leftovers. We heated up the leftovers tonight and I thought it was a bit dry.

2 Likes