12" Gel Mattress with Vented Cover (5-Sizes)

Bought this one earlier this year http://www.woot.com/offers/luxury-10-gel-memory-foam-mattress-5-sizes-believe it is similar but a 10" total thickness.
I always thought super firm mattress on a platform was the way to go with back issues but this has been terrific. I would say the initial impression is soft rather than medium but it is so perfectly supportive that you disregard it. I am 260+ and a stomach sleeper and it is great.Wake up with no aches or pain and have even gone to bed with a sore back and woken up pain free. Thinking of getting this in a queen for when we finally get the bigger bed we need-would I be as happy with this one?

Why is the waterproof mattress cover essential for any memory foam bed?

I almost bought this one last time, but ran out of time… what are the differences?

http://home.woot.com/offers/luxury-gel-12-memory-foam-mattress-3

I was also looking at this one: http://home.woot.com/offers/purasleep-memory-foam-mattress-4-sizes-2 , but I wasn’t as close to buying it for some reason. ha

Just a warning – the spec of 3-lb density is VERY low. This mattress will no doubt feel good when you start sleeping on it (esp. if you’re new to memory foam), but it won’t be durable. You want density specs of 5 lbs or above. All questions answered here:

It’s an amazing site – full of useful info. I used it extensively when buying my last mattress (I ended up going with latex, even though I’d owned and liked a memory-foam mattress in the past). See this link particularly:

Also, a standard box spring is not the best base for a memory foam or latex mattress. Read what Phoenix, the admin of the site above, has to say about the subject here:

http://www.themattressunderground.com/mattress-forum/general-mattresses/5913-the-best-foundations-or-base-for-a-latex-or-all-foam-mattress.html

We sometimes can’t give out the manufacturer or model number. This is because our buyers work for great pricing and the vendors want to protect their pricing in the marketplace.

What is the warranty

I bought one in the spring (same specs, 12" gel memory foam) and it came from Future Foam, shipped from North Carolina. It’s been very comfortable for me with less tossing/turning than my former (conventional inner-spring) mattress. This mattress provides gentle support (not too firm, not too soft for me) while sleeping mostly on my side. No problems with temperature, although it becomes slightly softer after warming up to body temperature. It’s worked out well for me, but you should probably consider this mattress to be non-returnable. (It ships vacuum sealed and expands to full size once you open the plastic packaging).

You’ll find the warranty at the bottom of the features. This has a 15-Year Woot Warranty.

You would use this mattress as a replacement for your current mattress.

How well will this mattress work with a standard box-spring? A comment earlier stated it was a no-no.

I bought one then too. FedEx left it at my garage, trash pickup came, off it went to the dump. It was on my property a half hour. FedEx wasn’t helpful but Woot took care of it no problem. I might give it a go again.

My wife and I really need a new mattress, but she is very concerned of ordering it online. What is the return process if there is any issue?

Oh, geez. I can’t imagine the thoughts and emotions you had that day. I’ve never heard of anything like that.

The website that you referenced does have a lot of useful information, as well as some information that is well out of date.

I would say that the information on memory foam is about 5-8 years old. They mention the new open cell memory foams for increased air flow, this mattress is produced with not only the open cell memory foam, but with the newest Gel technology. This combines open cell technology with Gel to increase the overall performance of the memory foam.

Our proprietary 3 lb Gel memory foam will outperform a 5 lb standard memory foam.

I use my memory foam mattress with a standard box spring with no issues.

What is the density of the base layer and the top layer?

Top Layer - 3 pound Gel Memory Foam
Air Flow Layer - 3 pound Orthopedic Foam
Base Layer- 2 pound Ultra Support Foam

Im considering this but it will have to sit in storage until march 2016 when our house is built…will there be any issue with it being stored in its original packaging for this amount of time?

Must be a man that posted these specs… Rounding up, giggity.

Vendor Rep:

What is the weight recommendation/body type of the people for this mattress?