Acu-Rite Wireless Digital Cooking and Barbeque Thermometer

This is going to be so cool to have this summer.

Had to get it. Will use it for deep frying turkeys. Timing it is tricky. This will be great!

I have closed my oven door on the wire with no problems.

I got this on a prior wootoff and I use it much more than I had anticipated. I thought I was “takin’ one for the team” and just getting something I maybe needed to move things along. Who knew it’d actually be useful?!

I bought one of these from woot last year and used it once and the wire melted and it broke. The directions say you can close the lid on the grill, but the wire melted right where the lid made contact. I won’t buy it again.

I bought 3 of these in a woot off before Christmas since we grill out a LOT. The probes on 2 have been replaced THREE times each as they alarm high(thankfully free replacements). The last time I called the customer service person was quite testy and gave me a whole new unit. The probe died on that unit after 1 use. I just went to a button thermometer for steaks and instant read digital for other meats and fish. I would not recommend these units.

Yes you can. I bought one for my husband for Christmas and we use it a lot. We’ve used it to monitor items in the oven and on the grill. It’s great because it allows us to grill in the winter, without having to stay outside so long. Just keep in mind that the probe and wire that have been in the oven or grill are hot. :slight_smile:

Mine worked great for a while. All of a sudden it started reporting the room temp at 125 degrees. I have tried changing the battery and resetting it. No luck. Buyer beware.

Me too.

Got one of these for Christmas (my pops bought it during a woot-off) works great!!

I bought three of these last fall. Kept one and gave the other two away as Christmas presents. I wish I gave them neckties instead! I love this thermometer so much, I’m back to buy three more so I can monitor two or three things at once. Not sure how well multiple remotes will work, but worth the risk!

Bought 2 for my dad and father in-law! Both loved it and it works great!!!

I’ve been thinking of getting a thermometer, so I’m in for one.

Does anyone know if this is a thermocouple?

These are great if your grill is cheap. If you have a decent grill that puts out a respectable about of heat, you can expect to kill the thermometer every time you use it. I’ve already returned 2 of them.

I have the non wireless version of this and it works great. Though it says rated to 329degrees I have actually used it in place of a candy thermometer and read temps up to 410 degrees in oil.

This thing is FANTASTIC! It cooked a turkey BETTER then the plastic pop up!
I was waiting to catch this again… I just got 3 more for family!

You will not be sorry with this deal!

Got one and love it.

yes, I have.

Same thing happened to me. now it always reads that the tempature, even in the freezer is above the maximum range

I’ve used mine in my smoker which has a couple times accidentally hit around 400. It still works. I may be just lucky!

Love this!!! Bought it a few woots ago around xmas best gift ever for my husband!!!