Android App Failure 1/19/2021 issues

Every time I click on the Woot-off button, the app shuts down.

Rebooted my phone once and it worked for a little while. Now it’s doing it again.

Just deleted and reloaded the app. Still doing it.

Galaxy S10 phone with latest software
Latest version of the app.

Updates:

9:45am CT: We may have identified the why but not the how to fix.

11:10am CT: We have confirmed that it’s still crashing. :sob: We are looking into next steps if this can’t be resolved soon. We are pausing BOCs until this is resolved to be fair to our Android customers.

12:00pm CT: FINAL UPDATE

We give up.

So, uh, today’s Woot-Off broke for some people on our app. Sorry. BUT! We’ve launched a NEW page with all the Woot-Off deals so you can get ‘em now! And we’ll be adding in Bags o’ Crap to it throughout the day. You might even call it a FAKE Woot-Off…so, come check it out and buy something, so we can invest in better servers!

Don’t forget the fake shirt-off too!!!

17 Likes

Please give me version numbers for your OS and app.

1 Like

Hey Thunder…same problem here…also s10…s10 plus…everything i hit the woot sale item, the app crashes…dont seem to have a problem with any other items…no problem even with the t-shirt wootoff item…but crashes every time I click on the woot-off item

3 Likes

Same here. Click the featured item, app crashes. OS Android 11. clean the storage and all that happy stuff. Restarted the phone. Still nothing keeps crashing

Having the same problem with a OnePlus. Never had this problem before. Cleared cache, storage, then reinstalled. Only happens for the main Woot-off category

Same problem. Version 4.6.1 on a Note 10 plus

1 Like

S10 plus…android 10

2 Likes

App sux.

2 Likes

1 Like

Same here with the app crashing when I try to click on the current woot-off item. I’m using a Note 10+

1 Like

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE INFO

The developers are looking into it now.

4 Likes

2 Likes

“Developers”…oh Woot…

Same issues here and have tried same troubleshooting (Forcing closed, cache clearing, deleting and reinstalling)
Galaxy S9+
App Version 4.6.1
Never had an issue before today.

Cool! Missed the first BOC of the day because the app won’t work!

2 Likes

App crash Galaxys10+

Believe it or not…the button worked for the boc…but I got in late and only made it to the vestibule of impatience…quit working again as soon as the next item came up

Same issues as duaneworl. Able to try for BOC, issues resumed after.

1 Like

Same issue here still. Samsung Galaxy Note 20. Just reinstalled the app this morning, so it’s the latest version.

I’m having this same issue as well. Any time I click on a woot off deal it crashes. I’m able to click on other things just not the woot off deal. Galaxy s10 plus