Apple iPad 7 Bundle (Your Choice)

Apple iPad 7 Bundle (Your Choice)

2 Likes

Just an FYI so nobody has to go searching, the 7th gen iPad means it came out in 2019, so this is a five year old device, spec-wise.

14 Likes

Also worth noting: Yes, it does run the latest version of iPadOS (18.1.1). iPadOS 19 almost certainly won’t work on it, though based on recent history, iPadOS 18 should continue to at least get security updates for a year or two after 19’s release (probably in Autumn 2025).

9 Likes

@Skunkmonkey @whyaylooh thank you for saving me a google search!!

3 Likes

It was listed.

2 Likes

I think that iPad bundle was a pretty good deal especially with the 20% off any opinions

1 Like

Since these are used (scratch and dent), I’m concerned about battery life. Anyone have any opinions? I’m not an Apple user, so I have no experience with their internal rechargeable batteries, but my experience with all other devices leads me to believe that there is a definite life expectancy with a drop off in performance as they age.

I’ll post the guide below, but staff usually say batteries are tested and replaced if they’re below 80%.

Hi there, the below is a link to the Woot item condition glossary.

Link

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

1 Like

I am looking for a similar bundle with a USB-C port. I am dying to get back to a single charging cord.

I’ve ordered two scratch and dent phones from woot and they were both fine and had really no scratches or dents that I could see. Pixel 3 was basically in great condition with 87% battery health in the note 9 was the same but this was back in 2021.

But that’s just a sample size of two some people got stuff that didn’t turn on so you never really know. Pretty solid return policy. The bigger issue might just be the shelf life of software support on these products if that worries you.

How do you check the battery health on an iPad to see if it’s 80%? I know how to do it on an iPhone but the same doesn’t work on the iPad.

It’s actually worse than that. The 7th gen has the same exact CPU as the 6th gen which came out in 2018. The main difference between the 6th and 7th gens is the screen which is slightly bigger. The problem with these old iPads isn’t the slow CPU, it’s the fact that they only have 2GB RAM. A couple days ago brand new 9th gen iPads with 3GB RAM were being sold for $200 at Target which I think is worth the extra money. Those 9th gen ones have a much faster CPU as well.

2 Likes

Are these compatible with the Apple pencil?

I know how to Google.
Google say yes

2 Likes

But only certain apple pencils I believe, not all generations

You can check the battery life of an iPad with a mac

Thank you for the information. I was just about to order it! I’m glad I checked the comments!

I ordered 2 “scratch and dent refurbished l” iPad from this site before. I didn’t care about physical looks because it was going in a case. It had a label on the back property of a school. The battery life was non existent on both. You had to keep it plugged in and give it breaks because it still didn’t keep up with normal use. They quickly became useless junk. When I contacted them they wouldn’t do anything about it. No refund etc. They power on and function. That is the only thing they stand behind. No refund or exchange offered.

It’s very dependent on the prior usage and charging patterns. I’m still running a first gen iPad that hasn’t been used as a workhorse. It does take a while to charge, but the battery life is good enough that I can easily watch a couple of movies on it before the battery dies.

One can always replace the battery, but the real problem is when the apps you want won’t work with the latest OS. Netflix no longer works and I a lot of websites don’t even work on its version of Safari. It seems like most apps these days won’t even let you run older versions without updating. My iPhone SE won’t update past iOS 15 and so many apps are in an update loop that I’ve finally got to upgrade it.

This site… woot?

We have a) and 30 day return period and a 90-day Woot warranty. Did you contact them after the 90-day period?

Unless I missed it, I didn’t see a purchase for an iPad on this account for this year.

1 Like