Bighorn Cellars 1.5L Random 2-Pack

Bighorn Cellars 1.5L Random 2-Pack
$99.99 (Normally $160.00) 38% off List Price
1998 Cabernet Sauvignon Coombsville Vineyard Napa Valley 1.5L
1999 Cabernet Sauvignon Grand Reserve Napa Valley 1.5L
1999 Cabernet Sauvignon Coombsville Vineyard Napa Valley 1.5L
CT links above

Any Idea how much longer these can be shelved for?

3 bottles in the picture; two pack deal.

Makes sense.

No Idaho!??!?

KHAAAAAAN

Did you happen to notice that one of the bottles is faded?

I picked up a bottle of the '99 Grand Reserve for only $10. I am out on this deal based on the chance I might be paying $50 for a magnum of the same wine.

I have not had a chance to get it open yet and take notes, but I really don’t think these are worth the tariff, unless you are into the magnum format.

Love the two random bottles gimmick, but the deal is too rich for my blood from a vineyard I am unfamiliar with and vintages that could be past their prime.

Wow, tempting! No room and I shouldn’t be spending the money, so somebody needs to make the strong case for these bottles! But nicely aged Napa Cab at moderate alcohol sound good. Especially that 1998.

Anybody got tasting notes?

If I knew they would be the '98, I’d consider.

Where?

SOme of the CT posts say that the window is till 2012…

Secrets… how else would I find deals if all you folks were trolling the same spot?

No Wisconsin?? That’s a first. This is great wine. We have a bottle of the '98 Coombsville in our cellar that we’ve been saving for a special occasion. We drank a Bighorn Merlot last night. Good stuff!

What a douche! :tongue:

I’m assuming that Bighorn might be trying to empty their stock of these, since they are reaching the end of their window.

Ct drinking windows are the biggest joke on the planet.

On the comments page and more info pages, yes. On the main page, no.

Whats a good rule of thumb to follow then?

“Listen to wine.woot”