Bushnell ONIX 350 Color Handheld GPS with Georeferenced Maps

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Bushnell ONIX 350 Color Handheld GPS with Georeferenced Maps
$69.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Bushnell 363500 ONIX 350 Handheld Waterproof GPS w/Truview Georeference and 3.5" Color LCD

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
I am wooters.us of Borg. Resistance is futile.

Bushnell ONIX 350 Color Handheld GPS with Georeferenced Maps [New] - $69.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Bushnell 363500 ONIX 350 Handheld Waterproof GPS w/Truview Georeference and 3.5" Color LCD

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Would this be a good device for geocaching?

$100 on Amazon with mediocore reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-363500-Onix-350-sensors/dp/B00192GL10/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1269752441&sr=8-2

To answer the geocaching crowd in advance: You can use it, but the software and interface are not suited to it. Garmin and Delorme make much better units for geocaching.

It will drop in price during the next woot-off…thats what happened with the last ones they put up. Hold out!!!

Does anyone know if this receives a good signal under heavy cover?

Thanks for the response. OK Woot, can you dig up some Garmins for the geocaching crowd?

^ Seconded.

Will this work for a car?

This gps is horrible. It doesn’t come with any maps preloaded and you can buy a low res map 1 dollar per square mile. Sent mine back to woot last time. Save up for the garmin

I travel a lot to different cities, and would like to use this to navigate by foot and car (mostly foot). Would this be good for that? Are there street level maps that I can download?

And if this isn’t good, what would you guys recommend? Thanks for any info in advance.

I wish Google would make a GPS unit that uses Google maps…

ALL handheld GPS units are good for geocaching. This activity requires nothing more than the most basic GPS unit available.

ALL GPS units work in cars. They are incapable of determining if they are in your hand, in a boat, or in a car.
However, this would NOT be a good unit for GPS navigation while driving. For that, you need one specifically designed for vehicular use, with audible turn-by-turn directions.

Instruction manual/user guide is here.

How good is this GPS for bike trails? Is there a mount you can buy for handlebars?

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone explain what geocaching is?

it’s like a worldwide scavenger hunt that anyone can get in on. it’s typically used with a handheld gps where coordinates are given by another member of the geocaching community. there are a few rules, but it’s a really cool thing. geocaching.com

Someone hides something and gives you the GPS coordinates and you try to find it. A traditional cache consists of a container with items of low monetary value. When you find it, you sign a log and trade an item with something of your own. Other caches just have a log. Many of the caches are hidden in camo and you have to try to figure out where they are. www.geocaching.com is the official site.