Bushnell ONIX 400 GPS with XM NEXRAD Weather

“(accepts microSD cards up to at least 512mb )”

Can you even buy a sub-1Gb SD card any longer? How old is this thing?

The XM NavWeather Pricing is as follows acoording to the XM web site.
XM Radio Only $12.95 monthly
XM Radio + XM NavWeather $16.94 monthly
XM NavWeather Only $9.95 monthly

I have one of these from a previous wooting. So do my dad and my brother. The thing has a bit of a learning curve, and there are bugs and annoyances in the PC software and map website, but overall I’m really happy with the unit.

I have used it for hiking, my brother uses the XM weather when flying, and my dad listens to the the XM radio when he’s hunting… pretty much any outdoors-y person can find something to love about this unit (except the PC software).

The last time this was offered, woot had a special on an extra battery and car charger for dirt cheap. I was stupid and didn’t get it; don’t make the same mistake I did if they do this again!

“up to at least”
Haha love it

Does anyone know the scale of the base map? Is it enough to be useful as long as I’m not expecting detailed topo maps?

No.

The basemap only shows major highways and you can’t use the map for routing.

If anyone gets one for geocaching, be sure to check out GPS Babel. It’s the best way to convert .gpx waypoints to the Bushnell format. And don’t expect anything resembling “paperless caching” - all you get is the GC code and coordinates. As paractical limit, I’d stay below 400 or so waypoints, the bootup time is very slow if you try to load too many.
Similar situation with the downloadable maps. A couple square miles is OK, try loading 100 square miles and the boot-up is painfully slow and so is loading the map screens.

I bought this item back in december for 99 bucks. It truely suck wang!. The barring arrow is off by about 65 degree making it worthless. Woot would not give me my money back and told me to settle with Bushnell. I retuned it to Bushnell and 6 weeks later it came back with the same problem! I have to now send it in a second time. Total regret!

If you keep having issues with Bushnell, please contact us at service@woot.com and explain your situation- we should be able to come up with a way to help you!

I was a tad worried about how proprietary this thing is, not using standard file formats. However, I just learned that you can upload .gpx waypoints to the web based mapping software on the website, then download them directly to the unit.

It is 1:100,000

Shipping Update
Bushnell ONIX 400 GPS with XM NEXRAD Weather has completely shipped via FedEx Ground. All tracking has been emailed to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

can you email me a copy of the gen 2 firmware?
bushnell took if off their site. i cant find anybody who has it. it would be greatly appreciated

jlittle@tugvalleysurveying.com