Clif energy bars expired & moldy

A few weeks ago I ordered the 10 pack of Clif Energy Bars (Chocolate Chip) https://www.woot.com/offers/clif-energy-bar-chocolate-chip and got a box that had already passed it’s stamped best-by date of July 5 2020. I eat a lot of energy bars on long bike rides & runs, so I’m familiar with how a fresh Clif bar looks & tastes. These were dry, crumbly, and the first one I opened already had mold on it. I contacted customer support about the situation and they said a new box would be sent out. About 1 1/2 weeks later I receive another box in the mail. Low and behold this box has the exact best-by date of July 5 2020 and are just as bad as the first box!

Has anyone else received food like this? I understand Woot and their deals, but I’d expect to receive something that hasn’t already passed its best-by date and is edible.

Oh no! That is not acceptable and I’m really sorry to hear that! If you haven’t already, please use the Customer Service form and they’ll be happy to help.

How can this be possible when “Amazon does a good job of watching expiration dates and liquidating expired or nearly expired inventory?”

Worried about that gourmet Woot box?

You could have bought something nice instead.

2 Likes

I guess they weren’t looking too close at the date on the box. I contacted Customer Service again. Hopefully I can get a box sent that are edible! :slight_smile:

I say “usually does a good job”. USUALLY! As we all know, Amazon fails almost as much as Woot.

1 Like