Corona Clipper Fusion Handheld Multi-Tool – 2 Pack

Umm… you mean Genesis… But still funny :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell me if these come in two separate packages or is it two in one package? I might save this as a stocking stuffer and was hoping it was two separately packaged tools.

I agree, and the Corona has a very nice smile in the “saw” photo. I’d use that one for its Headshot.

When you “loose” it? Loose it? Oh I get it…Cry Havoc and Let Loose the Corona Multi-Tools of War!!

They do sound a lot cooler that way…

These are horrible. I got one for fathers day last year and took it back on monday. Theyre trying to copy leatherman, but missed the mark by a lot. The handle is uncomfortably straight, and the metal blade pushed through the cheap plastic handle on its first prune. There’s a reason it’s on “two for tuesday”, or even woot in general. They buy stuff thats been discontinued because everyone keeps sending theirs back. Would you buy a box of broken dishes because they were on sale?

I was using this tool for trimming branches ~ 1/4" diameter while doing mountain biking trail maintenance. The handle broke on the first day of use. I would rate this device suitable only for light usage such as for pruning rose bushes.

Definitely not robust. Too bad, it was shaping up to be a convenient tool.

Bear Grylls is a fraud, long live Les Stroud and his multi tool…

In for 3 (6) as they will be great gifts and handy around the house.

Great deal for a product that retails for $30 per unit. Buy 1, get 5 free :slight_smile:

Or maybe McShrubber? you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest… with… a herring!

Did Phil Collins write this woot?

That’s correct, but that’s why they replaced that Fusion 9 (discontinued) model with the Fusion 11, which is what Woot is selling. MSRP, b.t.w. is $30 ea., but that includes a carrying pouch, which may not be a part of the Woot deal. Corona makes very good quality garden/landscape products. I would be confident that the guy complaining to Amazon got a good adjustment from Corona.

Features:

* 3" blade cuts though small braches and twigs
* Handheld stainless steel pruning blade
* Cut cleanly and resists rust
* Compact folding design
* Nylon pouch with belt loop, keep it on your hip for easy access

Come on people…just because their website says they retail for $30 doesnt mean they could ever get that. Lowes had them for $20, and now theyre $10. This is a crappy version of a good idea, and should be sold alongside the “power auger”. Dont forget- woot also bought a big lot of the roombas for your gutters as well.

Man, kids these days.

Oh I’m sorry… is my age showing?

I’d assume it’s something used for adjusting most sprinkler brands…

I’m not real sure what you are talking about. Corona does make some professional worthy products at an affordable price. The 1" and 3/4" bypass pruner were all we used when I was in the business.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_hi?url=search-alias%3Dtools&field-keywords=coronoa+pruners&x=0&y=0

However, I don’t think this multi-tool is going to be durable enough for hours of continuous pruning. It might work well as an occasional tool around the house.

Multi-tools don’t have the clippers nor the sprinkler tool

This is what I was thinking about.
As a mountain biker myself I figured it would be a good idea to keep one in the pack for when the brush gets in my face.
And then let the wife have the other one for the plants she’s killing… err, growing in the back yard.

But it sounds like it is garbage, even at $15 for a pair.

I love how brutal you guys can be when reviewing things like this in the forums; it keeps me from buying junk. :slight_smile:

Thanks, wooters!

Where are these tools made?

I think Woot would be wise to begin listing country of manufacture for all their items. Based on the current U.S. economic trends, we all should be more mindful of this. Admittedly, I’ve bought cheap items from numerous places (including Woot) that are likely made outside the U.S., but I would like to take that into account before making decision. Some things – no choice but to buy a foreign manufactured item, but where there’s a choice, it’s worth buying quality. Leatherman tools are an example - last I checked, American owned and operated (and located).
BS