Dedicato Spaghetti, 1.1 lb

Dedicato Spaghetti, 1.1 lb

The last time they had Dedicato pasta on Woot it was fiasco, they were supposed to be cases of 12 for like $30 which was an OK deal. But when I got my package it was just one 1.1 pound (500gram) box of pasta. Of course Woot gave us all refunds. This time around they are being more honest - they want you to pay $50 for a single 500g box of spaghetti. Yes, this is the “They will buy anything if the price is high enough” test.
Or else this is an April Fool’s day celebration in October…
So maybe @ThunderThighs will chime in here and see if it is really the worlds most expensive pasta…
Maybe Woot will throw in a sample package of “Café Lu-Ac” ( kopi luwak or “civet coffee”) too to make it a better deal…

4 Likes

Yeah wtf I saw $49.99 for spaghetti and thought it would be a huge bulk pack, like 100 pounds or something, and figured I could actually use something like that (with a few other people) over the course of maybe a year, so it might be worthwhile. But no, it’s 1 box. Woot groceries lately are always some overpriced weirdness but this tops them all.

Fifty bucks for a pound of pasta is a new one on me. Is it infused with gold?

Mondays are hard.

1 Like

#imisstheoldpastadrop

5 Likes

You couldn’t have said it better, I recall the 1.1 pound box of pasta coming in the mail and being like what the heck is this. Where are the other 11 haha, I don’t know what woot is expecting here again.

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?

You can get 20 packages (maybe), of the Rigatoni:

Did anyone ask @ThunderThighs about this one?

Asking!

1 Like

Can we blame @wajeremy?

1 Like

Sure. I’m always good with blaming @wajeremy.

We think it was supposed to be a 20-pack but we’re confirming it first.

1 Like

IT’S A 20-PACK OF SKETTI*

'* as pronounced by Thunderson

3 Likes

YAY!

ONCE AGAIN THE DAY IS SAVED THANKS TO @ThunderThighs!

@davejlives Give this hero a raise so she can buy ThunderSon some sketti!

4 Likes

Shame PastaDrop is no longer selling pasta?

Oh. That reminds me. The place where I take my Woot leftovers isn’t accepting donations anymore. I wonder if that affected the pasta rehoming?

There’s always room in my closet for more junk.

Dig until you find the earrings.

2 Likes