Derby #43: Slogans

The Derby #43 Cyberpub. If we’re not chillin’ around here, check over there. All are welcome.

First time here? Want to submit an entry and maybe forgot something? Think you’re good to go? Read these rules for rejection compiled by derekfilley anyway.

What’s with all the text lately?

Question for Woot:

Would it be okay to submit text in the shape of an image (like my statue of liberty shirt from the text derby)? It says “no illustrations” so does that rule out, say, a slogan about bananas in the shape of a banana? Or a slogan about horses in the shape of a horse?

Man, finding a slogan that’s never appeared on a shirt before… that’ll be tough…

I forsee a large amount of entries. And a lot of whining from Adder. :slight_smile:

What’s the ish?

searching to make sure no one else has used the catchphrase on a shirt could easily take as long as designing the shirt! :slight_smile:

Wow, with a top finish for a shirt with two puns in it this week, to this derby next week, hrmmm.

Entry #1: (After modifications are made, of course :slight_smile: )

300x300

http://www.phrog.net/Stuph/fool_comp.jpg[/img]

Yay… slogans… how many rejections are we gonna have for people pinching famous quotes? :wink:

ok I think I may have some ideas L O L this will be fun.

art i can make, but funny once in a blue…

i’m gonna need a miracle

For sure. And I’m too lazy for all that searchin’…

So text would be only things that can be typed on a keyboard? (in some language…) So, like, arrows aren’t text even though they are symbols?

They are looking for a slogan, so I would recommend only English and only appropriate punctuation.

how does woot know my computer is scrwood up? text only is too easy. plus I don’t want shirts wit text. how many “Im with stupid” shirts can there be. or how bout"al b back"

perfectly unperfect (or is it imperfect)

Yeah, that’s what I assumed. Just trying to think of the ways people will attempt to skirt the rules…

Note- there are like 30+ shirts with Leeroy Jenkins! on them…

I think i’m going to do one about pickles being cucumbers soaked in evil!

The heck with that… I’m currently designing one in French… but it’s pretty obvious what it means. And it ain’t lewd…

Then what’s the point? :wink: