Derby entry comments for Derby #191: Robots Save the World

Here is a larger version and shows where the silver ink will be applied! hope you guys dig it!!!

Earths best Monster Killer!

Check the LARGER version!

Is a Mech considered a robot?

yessssssssss.

When the battles are all over, robots dont stop saving the world.

Check the LARGER version!

Ha! Adorable:D

The Earth just needed a few more joules.

Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this one–there were a lot of you and I REALLY appreciate it!

Alien invasion sized thanks to the pre-derby board folks who helped me refine this design, especially Paige for the robust encouragement, and Meg for the very specific tweaks. You all rock.

And, yeah, the photos are all mine. I snapped a bunch of reference photos in Memphis one time, and I used components of them for the city you see here. So if Memphis ever gets invaded and a giant robot tries to save the day, I called it.

Awesome work nick perry!!!

http://www.perryn07.com/robot_detail.jpg

Link to larger full detail of this design!

Homeless Vet of the Great Man vs Cockroach war. Paris fell on day 2. Detroit, the motherland of the roach forces, had been able to ship out most of its resources to Seatle before it was overwhelmed on day 6. In the 18th year of the war, the state of Microsoftopia released its first robot sentries. By destroying Taco Bells, they were able to drive back the onslaught until the I-Robots were finally out of their beta stage. Although slower and frustrating to deal with, (Many Radio Shacks were destroyed due to their autocorrect feature) these robots looked sleek in their black turtleneck uniforms. Combining forces with the Microsoftopian robots and the remaining humans, the last of the cockroaches were forced into signing a treaty, which designated Quebec as their home land.

Larger details.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j150/Herky_01/red-riding-hood-400px-BLUE-detail-1.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j150/Herky_01/red-riding-hood-400px-BLUE-detail-2.jpg

Click here for the full image.

Thanks for supplying laughs during this slow Friday afternoon! GMV… is this on navy? I can never tell with navy… so I guess it must be.

~Tico

With his sabre, musket and polished brass gauntlets of justice The Big Gentleman battles eldritch horrors. Thanks goodness he’s on our side.

::salute!::

PLEASE click this \\BIG VERSION/// to get a full sense of the detailing. This is a six color design on navy.

Thank you for looking! Vote if you don’t want to be eaten by Cthulhu, I mean, please vote if you like this design.
—Spiritgreen

So because the robot is flying parallel with jets, its some how saving the world?

Sometimes you just gotta send in the bots.

After looking at today’s winner I was wondering how you get so much dynamic color with such a small pallet. This one just doesn’t seem possible, amazing work, as always.

This is pretty cool but I don’t really see the “saving the world” part… Maybe you could at least add the earth in the background?

~Tico

ZUMBIES! Gets my vote.

A League of Extraordinary Automata

Here we see the founding members of The Binary League, set up in the early years of the twentieth century to defend the Earth against the approaching extra-terrestrial menace. From left to right: Cranius 40,000, the whizz-kid; Marie d’Argent, famed aviatrix; Colonel Cole, fastest gun in the Punjab; Sir Titanius Cogg, inventor and benefactor ; Hank Steele, hardened veteran; Mr Kanatako, the metal octopus; and The Whirling Dervish, Eastern assassin. Detail pics to follow