Derby Preview #737: Winter Wander

Please note the schedule change below in bold!!

Ahh the nostalgic trips to Grandma’s for Christmas eve… or the family holiday to the mountains every January. Whether it’s your favorite memory or you worst, we want to see it. Travel with a nostalgic twist is the theme of this derby.

We want to see your winter wanders, whether painful or fabulous. What we don’t want to see is Thanksgiving or Christmas designs…or any holiday for that matter. We also don’t want politics, cream shirts, cats or pop culture.

*This Derby begins MONDAY November 25th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY December 2nd at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday - Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale each Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to email your artwork to derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, please check out our full derby guidelines over here!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing!

JUST WALKEN IN A WINTER WONDER LAAAAAAAAAND

1 Like

I assume these do not have to actual personal stories. We do want designs that people will buy right?

1 Like

Can the trip be related to christmas (such as a long drive to pick up a tree) as long as the design is about the actual trip (or mishaps that occur?) rather than focused on the holiday?

It’s okay to work in a style that is related to pop-culture as long as no specific game / movie / book is referenced, right?

1 Like

Right, it’s just an inspiration starting point. I think there are probably a lot of thing about traveling during the winter/holidays etc. that we can all relate to…

Yes it can, but if we are too specific we limit the time it makes sense to wear it.

Yes, the style of a pop culture reference would be ok.

1 Like

I was going to participate in this derby, and I actually made a design. Then I noticed the hour: 8pm CST will be 3am here in Madrid. And next derby the same? Is this change going to be frequent? Because if it is… I should start saying byebye to Shirt.Woot… :frowning:

Try uploading your design first thing Tuesday morning, let’s see how it goes. We are trying it and if it doesn’t work we’ll evaluate.

I mean…I know why you do this (web traffic, more involvement from the audience, etc.) and it totally makes sense :slight_smile: And most Shirt.Woot artists are based in the US. But the problem is that from my experience, submitting late reduces drastically your options to be noticed (specially when you are an average artist like me!XD), and the hours of work some designs take… I guess I’ll adapt, set an alarm and be more selective for the derbies I participate :slight_smile:

Me with the schedule change…

2 Likes