Derby Preview #760: One Color Magic!

Your design can be all text or no text, it can be a slogan, a phrase, a pretty purtty picture! What it must not be is anything related to outdoors, animals, sports, nature etc. etc…get the picture? Oh also, it must be in one single color. Not 3, not 4, ONE. Only one. Any color you like. You may get clever with transparencies and halftones, but one color only ya hear!

No politics. No cream shirts. No outdoors stuff.

*This Derby begins MONDAY May 4th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY May 11th at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to email your artwork to derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, please check out our full derby guidelines over here!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

1 Like

All text or no text. Is that a derby restriction, or good writing? I had a design for this one that is mostly text, but with a visual component. Should I hold off?

No that’s fine, I think I don’t want to make this week so challenging, seems like the Star Wars theme was a taxing one!

1 Like

I feel uncomfortable.

4 Likes

Thanks. I have a dream to have a shirt that is a Monopoly Chance card or Community Chest card. It’s my favorite game, and it’s like, a personal achievement that I will someday reach!

1 Like

For the purposes of this design, does black count as a color?

Yes. Black is a color.

Check out these designs from a one-color derby from last summer.

2 Likes

Thanks! Appreciate the link to the old one as well!

Just to clarify - subs should 100% text OR 100% illustration, correct? No illustrations with text? No text with illustrative flourishes?

No, you can have text with illustration or illustration with text, loosening up these rules a bit.

1 Like

Etc, etc.?
=/
Can I get 2 more examples please?
To see if I get the idea of what can be done and what not.

stuff and things?

…wow, that make it even harder for me to understand =(

A.-
CAN’T:

• outdoors
  • nature
  • animals
  • sports
  • politics
  • stuff
  • things

It CAN be:

• text
  • text/picture
  • a pretty purtty picture!*

*But: Wich topics can be draw?

B.-
Or… you meant “stuff and things” as the items that CAN be draw. Let’s say, like for example common everyday objects?

PS. I totally didn’t get the picture, sorry =D

Thanks for your time

I think we are overthinking things here.

1 Like

Don’t do anything listed in this Theme #1 description. Everything that wouldn’t fit in that category is okay here (as long as it is one color).

The reason for this is that both themes were voted on a few weeks back, and the goal was to have no designs fit both themes’s criteria :slight_smile:

1 Like