Derby Preview #763: The Blues

Any interpretation you like. Pop Culture is allowed, but no cats, no butterflies. If you feature a giraffe, you must feature a zebra. If you feature a saxophone, you must not depict a guitar in the same design. If you feature the ocean, your design must contain an orange starfish. If you feature a microphone, Nina Simone’s name must be hidden in your design.

No politics, no cream shirts.

*This Derby begins MONDAY May 25th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY June 1st at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to email your artwork to derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, please check out our full derby guidelines over here!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

1 Like

LOVE the limitations, so long as everyone is forced to abide by them. Gonna force some REAL creative stuff this time around!

2 Likes

I kind of want to follow ALL of those crazy restrictions now, lol!

2 Likes

I’m super-excited about my design for this one…like giddy even. Can’t wait. Gonna have to keep busy making other submissions for it as well, I guess…

You must feature Jim Belushi.

2 Likes

Challenge accepted!

1 Like

So exited to judge what’s on topic for this one… :joy:

I wish I could re-enter this one… Very relevant…

Hoping for some constructive feedback on this blues-playing gentleman with less than stellar eyesight. Do you guys like it better with or without the speech bubble?

BTW, Nina Simone’s name is hidden in the mic stand

Well we do selectively enforce them. Obviously only our favorites get through.

Well, I think I checked them all…

2 Likes

! I dig the banner:

Hey. This step is history, right?
“Please be sure to email your artwork to derby@woot.com as soon as you submit!”

It is!

YES.

1 Like