Derby Preview #778: Superhero Parody!

If I could put your designs on capes I would… but I think they’ll look awesome on metal posters!! That’s the product we’ll be showcasing these cool designs on! You are welcome to sub multiple pieces of artwork, and mock-ups in your derby entry, but it is not a requirement.

If you do submit 2 layouts (because remember - rectangles don’t look good on shirts) submit your shirt design as your main derby entry. Submit your metal poster layout as a regular submission with “SUPERHERO” at the beginning of your title. Submit your metal poster artwork on the regular shirt template and we’ll make sure it’s positioned correctly.

No actual likenesses, and no real names, brands, franchises or any other protected IP!

No politics, no cream shirts.

*This Derby begins MONDAY September 7th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY September 14th at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

Oh neat! Have you got an example of what a metal poster looks like?

1 Like

@Lady5tark I hope we see more zippered small bags — I want to put all the Marvel masks I have made my family into “superhero” type zipper bags … please don’t ask me to sew them for two reasons:

1. I am tired of sewing; I’m a laser girl at heart
  2. I don’t know how to sew in a zipper (and really tired of sewing)

HOPING!!! Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

https://shirt.woot.com/plus/sweet-new-metal-posters (all sold out, but still examples)

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/adventure-nouveau-metal-poster (also sold out) has a description:

Our Metal Prints feature a high-gloss sublimated image on a 1.372mm thick sheet of aluminum with rounded corners. Available in square and rectangular formats, theseprints will look amazing on your walls or displayed in your desk. Prints 11" x 14” feature four keyhole blocks for mounting, while 20" x 30" prints feature recessed wood frames with gallery wire for hanging.

3 Likes

Thanks! :^)

There will be more!! Glad you like the product!!

2 Likes

wish the one in the derby with spiderman throwing “spiderweb masks” on everyone had been picked — it was the perfect solution to those not wearing masks LOL I laughed so hard when I saw that in the derby. I would have bought a shirt for small nephew, myself, a bag, and something for the office. :wink: …but looking for more options…

I can always use zippered bags with cool designs…

Which derby was that in? I can’t picture it? We may have picked it and be saving it for a later sale so keep an eye out!

I believe it was this one: https://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/115983/spider-masks

I am happy to say I got a friend out of that derby!

1 Like

I’m guessing that design would not be submittable for this upcoming derby, right? (I have a slightly revised version, but it is the same idea)

Unless it is parody, then no…

Yes!! Hey! Love that design — absolute favorite — so perfect that he is literally applying (?) the masks as he swings by. Decided it would be like the only other design I bought more than one thing of (Sports ball move that thing to the other thing) when I bought a hoodie, a t-shirt, and a zip hoodie. Work would get such a kick out of it.

(Not sure why I am just now seeing this post)

2 Likes

Agh! I thought perhaps it would not be considered parody so I didn’t resub it. Looking at some of the other designs, I think it would’ve been fine! It’ll make a comeback when the weekly theme is appropriate, pinky promise!

2 Likes