Derby Preview #800: Time Travel Souvenirs

Imagine you have a time machine, you can go anywhere and anytime; what shirt do you find at a souvenir store and bring home?

No politics and no cream shirts.
No Doctor Who.

No mention of current news, no mention of presidents, real or imagined, no mention of the year 2020 or 2021. No mention of protests, illnesses or unrest.

*This Derby begins MONDAY February 8th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY February 15th at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

2 Likes

Is all pop culture ok except for Dr Who? Like Bill & Ted, Back to the Future, Hot Tub Time Machine, etc?

I hope we stick really strictly to the “what shirt do you find at a souvenir store and bring home?” part. That makes this a completely awesome contest.

I also have a feeling a lot of people will sub stuff that doesn’t follow that sentence. Fingers crossed they get the rejectionator if they stray.

3 Likes

I almost asked for an exception for the Black Plague…
Shake Head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
…Nah.

I’ll allow it!

2 Likes

I traveled through time and all I got was this lousy (plague) rat.

3 Likes

Are we strictly dealing within the perimeters of Earth or does the “anywhere” apply outside of this universe? Meaning galaxies far, far away from long ago? :smiley:

1 Like

:joy:

I prefer Earth, but i’ll allow it

1 Like

To be fair, we’ve got these in the present…different plague, only slightly different rats :rofl:

3 Likes

I was super hyped about this theme, but there’s so many options to choose from that I’ve spent the past few days just spinning my wheels. Nothing seems to want to stick. Argh!

1 Like

My robot is cooler than your robot :robot:
Or
Robot U class of 2052