Derby Preview #804: Everyday Propaganda!

Let’s see some designs in a recognizably propagandistic style. The catch is, it can’t be ACTUAL propaganda.

Obvz no politics and no cream shirts.

**This Derby begins MONDAY March 7th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY March 14th at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

1 Like

When you say everyday propaganda, are we specifying stuff from everyday life? Or are we just gonna end up with 6 dozen Mandalorian designs based on Soviet propaganda posters?

I just want to know the rules of engagement this week. Is it anything goes as long as it’s propaganda style (obv no politics or cream shirts)?

3 Likes

My very first editor-chooses submission attempt at Woot! was a propaganda-style logo, but I never received a rejection or acceptance; I may not have even submitted it properly (artist dashboard?). I don’t know if that counts as a double-jeopardy submission since derby stuff is supposed to be never-before-submitted ideas. Can I tweak and re-submit?

You can indeed! As long as it hasn’t been printed elsewhere it’s fair game.

1 Like

As long as it’s in the style of any historical propaganda and doesn’t include actual politics/propaganda it’s fair game. Also no cream. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Genius! Time to add to the collection!

Hmmm… Should Cara Dune be next? :rofl:

1 Like

please no lol

1 Like

Blanket ban on HOPE style posters?

Unless it is in reference to cream tees. LOL

1 Like

I was more referring to the Cara Dune part lol

2 Likes

Before I spend too long on it, here’s my rough idea…too real?

Was going with “Defeat the mad brute - Wear a mask” or something along those lines. Based on the historic poster of course.

I think some people will take it as too political sadly. I would stay away from covid in this one; might hurt some feels lol.

1 Like

Thanks! Glad I asked before I went too far with it.
I’ll save that for my TeePublic designs and get moving on other stuff.

1 Like

As a matter of fact, I will go ahead and add the rule now; No Covid/Mask in this derby please!

5 Likes

Probably a good call. It was the first place my mind went…

“When your mask rides below your nose, you’re riding with 'Rona”

2 Likes