Derby Preview #824: The Internet!

The Internet is a crazy place man. This can be anything in the current internet space or even just something about the technology in general. Have fun with it.

No politics, no cream shirts.
No celebrity likenesses in mockups/detail images.
One design per entry (yes, you can still submit multiple designs to the Derby, just sub them separate).

**This Derby begins MONDAY July 26th at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY August 2nd at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing

2 Likes

Star Wars it is then.

2 Likes

haha- i think i saw some star wars stuff on the internet though… (just saying this derby topic seems to allow most things)

1 Like

Yeah, I’m just playing around.
I made that meme just to be funny.
Pretty wide open. You could prolly make a internet throw back starwars mash-up for sure.
Come to Endor, we have dial-up!
Jawa computer repair!
AOL, Alderaan Online…

3 Likes

Hey, can I steal your Alderaan Online idea? That’s a fun one!

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ve been out of it for a bit.
There are several fun directions you could take that one, for sure!

2 Likes

Same here! I haven’t entered in months. Maybe this can give me the inspiration to dive back in…

1 Like

Glad to help!

2 Likes

hey Robert- check the Creatives of Woot group- Some one may have posted a design similar to that for the upcoming derby- not sure, but I think I saw something there.

1 Like

Waaah! I pretty much designed EXACTLY what this guy did. Back to my cave of uninspiration :frowning:
{image removed by request}

2 Likes

sorry! figured it was better to find out before…

1 Like

Usually my first 5-10 ideas are taken… I try not to use ideas from others unless I can do it far better or take it in a new direction.
You could do an alderaan online, but don’t focus on the destruction, make it sound like they will never go offline, guarantee. Force powered, force protected servers. Along the lines of the titanic claiming unsinkable…

2 Likes