Derby Preview #859: Groovy Psychedelic

4/20 is coming up, but since we’ve already done an art call for the Devil’s Lettuce, how about we do some fun trippy, psychedelic 70’s inspired designs! Content can be modern, but it should be in the style of something 70s or psychedelic!

No politics, no war, no cream shirts.
No celebrity likenesses in mockups/detail images.
One design per entry.
Up to 4 entries per artist.

**This Derby begins MONDAY March 28 at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY April 4 at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing!

1 Like

Does the “no politics, no war” directive mean no peace imagery? Just making sure since that’s subject matter I associate strongly with this art style :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would imagine “Peace” imagery is OK, as long as it doesn’t use colors or imagery specific to current ongoing conflict (as my Peaceful Peace design did in the doodle derby). I might be 100% incorrect though…so results may vary!

Acid Trip Netflix GIF

When was this art call? Can I still sub?

Feedback request…

Design is based on a teacher I knew that passed away a few years ago. He used to tell his students this at the end of every school day. I had painted a mural of this shortly after his death, and figured this derby would be a perfect opportunity to translate it to a shirt design.

(With color lettering highlights)

(Without color lettering highlights)

Thoughts?

So here’s the thing…
We just don’t want to use Ukraine to sell shirts, if there’s anything that ties it back to the Ukraine/Russia conflict, then I’ll probably reject it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry, the art call happened AFTER I posted this lol.

1 Like

I think its easier to read without the highlights

5 Likes

Thanks, that makes perfect sense!

2 Likes

My thoughts exactly. The top almost looks blurry with the highlights. That’s sweet @SubBass49.

2 Likes

Thank you, @krittikae & @thatquietgir1. Appreciate the advice!

1 Like

Can someone give me an idea of how to submit designs? I’m new here and would like to know how to see what to do.