Derby Preview #870: I Miss the Old Woot!

Ah, the ol’ “I miss the old Woot!” Let’s give those old school Wooters something to love. Browse the oldest designs you can find in our GLORIOUS shirt catalog and spring some inspiration! No IP in this one since we’re going with The Old Ways.

EDIT: for some clarity:

1. When I say browse the catalog for inspiration I mean look at what used to be popular during the “Old Woot” era and get a vibe from that.
  2. Please do not rip-off or use someone else’s old design or recreate/modernize it.
  3. If you would like to do a part II or redux of one of your OWN old designs, that is fine.

Sorry for the misunderstanding here!

No politics, no war, no cream shirts.
No celebrity likenesses in mockups/detail images.
One design per entry.
Up to 4 entries per artist.

**This Derby begins MONDAY June 13 at 8pm, CST. & ends MONDAY June 20 at 8pm, CST. The three winning designs will be featured as the Daily offers Tuesday-Thursday. Great designs that don’t win may be included in an Editor’s Choice sale on Friday, so be sure to check back and see who makes the cut!

Please be sure to have your artwork ready to submit with your entry as part of the new submission process!

If you want to submit any off-topic designs, submit here!

If you are new to the derby and want to participate, WELCOME! Also, in addition to the rules above please check out our content guidelines here so you know what works and what doesn’t over here at Woot!

You can also download updated templates for your artwork over here . Happy designing!

2 Likes

Wait, I’ve been here since derbies were in double digits…
does that mean I am “Old Woot”?

–grey hair intensifies–

2 Likes

If it was really Old Woot, we’d have Cream shirts…

6 Likes

How about hemorrhoid cream?

i miss the old woot cream

3 Likes

Also, how strict is the “No IP” hammer gonna be?
I seem to remember a time when a LOT LOT LOT of things got rejected due to IP…

This could be fun…or a total massacre…either way I’m here for it.
Gonna have to think back to when I was just a Woot customer…

So besides the No IP rule, what is the actual topic?

No IP

Got it

The design is up to you, no IP, browse through the old catalog (or try) and see what comes to you.

Solid green tee?

3 Likes

No!!!

GIF by Molang

You’re right. This is about old Woot.

Solid purple tee.

2 Likes

Just a creme tee with a coffee stain that looks like a c̶a̶t̶ penguin

4 Likes

I’m sure that you can find some people who like the colour purple.

So we just pick any old design and re-hash it? Am I reading this theme correctly?
And how, exactly does one search for the oldest shirts on Woot? That’s seems like more trouble than it may be worth LOL

Start here and click previous… this is the last page of the 504 pages of woot shirts in age order.

1 Like

Will this derby come complete with diatribes comments about artistic integrity and that the biggest issue about a design of a cat riding a unicorn through space is that its tail is pointing the wrong way?

Bonus points for including Mario while not violating any IP in this no-IP derby.

3 Likes

It better not be green space.

Grass. Just Grass.

3 Likes

Sold Out Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

1 Like