Dyson DC22 Turbinehead Canister Vacuum

so there’s a death-grip-suck???

Testfreaks did rate it highly, but the sole amazon review had this to say, "Cons:
Heavy for a small vacuum

Must be emptied after every use as container is small and fills quickly

Cord is too short - can’t reach all the way across at 15’ X 12’ room, if they would have only added another 2’ to the dam thing it would be fine.

Tube neck is too big in diameter to reach under furniture or around car seats and other tight places, the whole thing should be much narrower.

Motor (electrically driven) head suddenly loses power on occasion requiring user to press head specific power button to restart.

Other than these complaints, this product rules…"

How much is a good suck worth to ya?

Pricegrabber: http://appliances.pricegrabber.com/vacuum-cleaners/dyson+dc22+turbinehead/p/530/form_keyword=dyson+dc22+turbinehead/rd=1/skd=1/st=query/

Any cat owners out there who can give me some feedback on this?

They all say they do a great job on cat hair; that’s never been a problem for me. What is a problem is how my current vacuum cleaner has cat LITTER scattered throughout. It mostly settles in the bends in the “pipes” and stays there until I take the thing outside and hold it upside down and shake. I say mostly because there are still bits of litter rattling around in the housing that I’ll never completely get out. Absolutely none of it ever seems to make it into the bagless tank, though.

If this thing can actually get hunks of cat litter out of my carpet and all the way into the tank for disposal, it might be worth the money.

Dyson FTW. We own a DC25 and my only complaint would be sound level. You can justify wearing earplugs when using it. Otherwise it sucks better than __________(fill in the blank with your favorite adult film star).

Anyone know what the noise level is like with this one?

no, not an apt comparison.

more like the bose of vacuums. lots of marketing, lots of hype, but poor performance.

for the same price as this, get a low-end miele. much better suction power, much quieter, and much better sealing.

some more ‘real user’ reviews and photos at:

http://www.abbysguide.com/vacuum/discussions/23035-0-1.html

Put that in yer canister and smoke it…

The elephant vacuum Wilma uses on the Flintstone’s works better.

no belts to hang up and leave an awful smell before guest arrive because we all know you only vacuum 5 min before everyone gets there

Here’s a post from a previous Woot about DC22 vs. DC23:

Mr. Dyson is always there to explain to me how things can be done better and that everything is wrong with the way things are being done now.

He’s a maverick.

It’s no Roomba, but it looks pretty good from the reviews posted above!

I have a Dyson dc14 and dc17 they are the best vacuums I have ever used. We use ours everyday and have never had a problem with them yet. This vacuum though I could only see being used once a month or so.

Can anybody tell me, whether it is 220v compatible??? I appreciate your reply…

Thank you for this previous post. This is exactly what I wanted to know. I own a Dyson Animal and it worked great on our carpets, definately the best vacuum out there, but we have recently gone to almost all hardwood floors and an upright is too bulky and can’t be used to get under furniture. There is a detachable wand/handle but I find it difficult to use. and it doesn’t reach very far. This would be ideal for getting dog hair off the floors, alot less bulky and more manageable. Plus it’s $40 less than last time. I’m taking the plunge.

Can’t speak to this particular model - the turbine style. However, I bought the DC24 Blueprint edition when it was here on Woot a few months back. I was a non-believer in the Dyson hype, and even laughed at my mom for wanting one. Then the price on here was too good and I made an impulse purchase (let’s be honest, as with almost everything I’ve bought from woot!). It has been awesome on the cat hair from my cat and picked up more of all sorts of dirt than my old Hoover - which is now at Goodwill! I believe mine picks up litter, and that the turbine models are even stronger. Good luck!

Judging strictly by looks, I’d be afraid to leave it alone with the kids…

I don’t have the DC 22, but I have the DC 25 Ball. If the vacuuming is similar, then cat litter shouldn’t be a problem. We use our dyson to pick up cat litter on both carpet and tile. It works fine on both and I’ve never had a problem with cat litter getting stuck inside it and/or not not making it to the canister.

Does this vacuum only take 110V input or 220V as well?

I have a dyson - the first vacumm to never loose suction it says it is. well it has that in writing and all I mean.

Guess whatthough - it looses suction all the time - I take it apart and clean it all out several times a month - its a huge pain in the butt - just like any other vac. It does have one thing different from those other vacs though - when it get’s too much stuck on the beater bar it has not not ever cught fire - the plstic just kind of wers through and pices fall off when they get thin. but it still works. Just like any other vac.

oh there is one other difference - it costed almost 400.00 and has no real difference except that I can go right behind it with my 35 year old kirby and pull dirt like crazy from the carpet.