Dyson DC28 Animal Upright Vacuum

This is the best vaccum I have ever owned, I have done used other vaccums and after went over the same area with the Dyson and picked up so much more dirt. This vaccum really sucks!!

I own this vacuum. I have no complaints other than the fact that it is a little heavy but that’s minor considering the job it does.

You’ll find that this vacuum is so strong, it actually sucks up more carpet fiber than it does pet hair. Not saying it doesn’t get all the pet hair, it does, there’s a lot of collateral damage in addition.

This vacuum definitely sucks big time. I’d suggest it to anyone willing to spend the money.

Not really. Kids are to land well paying jobs so they can later put you in a really nice rest home.

Umm, I’m not sure I want a vacuum that will eat my carpet. That’s not the kind of animal I want to keep around.

if you have indoor allergies, get this immediately. it will change your life!

You sure you got the DC28 a few years ago, and not something else, such as the DC14? They look alike. I think this may actually be a newer model than the Ball. Edit: just searched around the net and this was released January 25, 2010…so you could not have possibly bought this “a few years back” at Big Lots and this is in fact a newer model than The Ball.

Anyway, sure, it’s not a ball, so it may not look as cool and it may be heavier, but some magazine (can’t remember which one…possibly Pop-Sci, Pop-Mech, or Consumer Reports) recently pitted the DC28 against the DC25 (Ball) and that new Eureka that’s claiming to do a better job than a Dyson at a fraction of the price and the DC28 was the clear winner in the 3 tests that were performed. Yes, this one cleans better than the Ball, both through the hose and normally. The Eureka came in a clear last in every test.

Will the Dyson warranty still apply for this refurbished model?

$100+ less than other places selling refrubs: Dyson DC28 Animal - Google Search

Wow… what a woot off killer. I hope somebody drops buy to suck up all the inventory, because this looks to be a good couple hours of wait for the next item.

Who knows what kind of forensic evidence is contained within one of these “refurbs.”

The way this country is going - you buy one of these and the next thing you know you’re convicted of murder.

Just got mine from the Woot sale a few weeks ago.

THE BEST VACUUM ON THE MARKET…PERIOD

Sells for over $500 in my local store…

the referb was in A++ condition… no worries…

thanks woot…

We have had one of these for years … it outlived the dogs. :frowning:
There was only one time it ever had an issue with having enough suction. When I flipped it over to see if there was an issue, I found:

• the missing 1.25" x 1.25" tile that mysteriously disappeared from the kitchen floor a few weeks before
  • a broken piece of wood (about 1/4" x 2") from the fireplace kindling
  • the dog hair that finally managed to slow down the pull.
    I suspect that the stick was the new addition that pushed it over the edge and precipitated the accumulation of dog hair, but for a few weeks, I was able to clean effectively with a floor tile in front of the suction hole behind the beater brush.
    One other short story. My mom has one too. When she first got it, she discovered that the “stain” on the beige carpet in one of the bedrooms was actually a spot where someone had apparently spilled some fine, powdery dirt (e.g. potting soil). A year or so of vacuuming with a conventional machine had failed to do the job. (They had almost replaced the carpet because of the “stain” that wouldn’t come out.)
    Bottom line … get one. You won’t regret it.

If I hadn’t bought the ballvac on the last wootoff, I would have picked this one up… but, I don’t have any reason to own 2 Dysons… I mean the first one impresses the ladies enough. “you’re a Bachelor, and you have a Dyson?”

Disagree. I recently got a refurbished DC-25 Animal (the Ball version of this one) and it by far outperforms my crappy $70 Walmart Bissell. The Dyson is worth every penny of the $350 I paid for it. So no, not all “fancy-schmancy” vacuum cleaner owners pay full price new. Quit whining and hypothesizing out of your ass.

Biggest piece of junk I’ve ever owned. Don’t buy it and move on!!

I just read your Hamster Story in the woot-off. Last night, I had posted a free electronic hamster in deals.woot. It kinda makes me wanna get both for a re-enactment!

Had my Animal for 3 years. Will buy a new Dyson if this one ever dies!

I got mine a few weeks back from woot @ the same price, LOVE IT!!!

I bought this from W00t about 3 years ago, same vacuum also refurbished. Came new in brown box. Works great. Vacuums go forever. I don’t think you need to pay extra just for a longer warranty on a Dyson. I recommend this to anyone who needs a good vac

Woot post of the millennium …