FIC VL67 Ice-Cube P4 Barebone

Welcome to the FIC VL67 Ice-Cube P4 Barebone topic page for Friday, February 18th. Please post your questions, experiences, or pricing comments here.

Ice Cube! Straight outta computerdom
$169.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
A beautiful piece of tech deserves to be seen, which is probably why the computer gods gave this one an integrated handle, and made it lightweight enough for even the puniest geek. It feels so totably light, it must be totally right!

Strolling through the park with this hot box, on your way to a LAN party with your gamer buds, you’ll turn you some heads. It’ll be like walking an exotic dog, but you’ll never have to stoop to scoop poop. Unless you want to. Do you want to? Man, you really are weird.

Just look at this beaut! Sure, your homemade system with the cover off makes a boldly geeky desktop fashion statement, but it also provides a fertile breeding ground for Lepus Granulus Majorus, the dreaded Greater Dust Bunny. With its space-age see-through plexiplasticular sides, this Ice-Cube’s innards are sensibly enclosed yet exposed, like those of a cannulated cow.

Compared to cheaper versions we’ve wooted before, this Ice-Cube takes a faster processor, has an 800MHz front side bus and 8x AGP slot. In terms your dad would understand, it’s got fat pipes. (For terms your little sister would understand, substitute “phat” for “fat.”) It makes a great home theater PC, if you swing that way.

Be ye admonished: These Ice-Cubes are not for them that’s afeared of a little doing-it-themselves. If you grab one of these, you’re going to have to do some assembly—shopping for components, opening the cases, swapping cards around, et cetera. If this doesn’t sound like fun to you, the Ice-Cube is probably not the system for you. On the bright side, you aren’t a computer nerd, so you really come out ahead.

Model:

* VL67 Recertified by FIC with 90 day warranty

CPU Support:

* Intel Socket 478 Pentium 4 Processor
* Intel Socket 478 Celeron Processor
* 800MHz Intel NetBurst micro-architecture bus
* Hyper-Threading Technology supported (Northwood CPU core or newer* @800/533/400FSB)

Chipset:

* Intel 82865G + ICH5 chipsets

Serial ATA:

* 1 X Serial ATA Port

Memory:

* Dual Channel DDR consist of two DDR DIMM sockets
* Support DDR400/333 DIMMs up to 2 GB

Graphic:

* Integrated Graphics controller in 865G GMCH
* Support extent AGP 8X slot

Audio:

* AC’97 2.2 Compliant
* Expansion Slot
* PCI X 1, AGP X 1

LAN port:

* Realtek RTL8100BL 10/100 Base-T Ethernet controller
* Full Duplex supported, WFM 2.0 Compliant

Back Panel I/O Output:

* SPDIF -OUT optical connector
* 2 USB 2.0 connectors, 1 RJ-45 LAN port
* 2 1394 vertical connector
* 1 fast serial ports, 1 D-type 15-pin VGA connector
* Line-in, MIC-in, Speaker-out
* 220W Power Supply
* Aluminum Chassis

Form Factor:

* Self-Defined @ 262 mm (L) x 180 mm (W), 6 Layers

I want a laptop!

This woot isn’t for me.

SWEET… This is one awesome case!! Excellent MOBO… A little high if you are looking to build a cheap system. But if you are looking for quality… this is the way to go.

www.whatsyourdeal.comGreat deals, coupon codes and freebies. Stop by and save some [size=18:b57b0fb34a]$$$[/size:b57b0fb34a]

Cool.

wtf

first page ?

Pass on this one … no money and no need for it

Sweet. I really want this case!

What the hey? does it mow the lawn?

Lookin good… i honestly really want a new PC, but i just dont have the cash… not even for this ;
im trying to get one for free at least on the ol’ website…
back to freeo for a bit! newly designed, email me and let me know what you think ;]
www.freegifts4u.cjb.net
(aka freeo dot tk!!)

you know the deal - free ipods, ipod shuffles, PCs… you name it :wink:

PS- this is my last woot for a week, please no woot offs while im gone!

New clue on eBay! David Chu RULES!

i have peed on the first page oh yea awesome woot

yeahhhhhhhhh…

tower?

dont need one. :roll:

…sigh

Well I would have to say this isn’t very woot. Case is like the Antec Aria and some other SFF (small form factor cases) and then the motherboard doesn’t sound great but it will do for a regular computer user. But for a geek like me you need high end gear, top of the line things like the newest boards from Asus or Abit.

I went a little overboard with my site addition today. The post is extra long. Plus a Funnies that will keep you laughing!

www.dynatech.blogspot.com -The Latest Tech News, Mods, Hacks, and Deals

buy it or i might :shock:

[quote user=“odragon”]
Ice Cube! Straight outta computerdom
$169.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
A beautiful piece of tech deserves to be seen, which is probably why the computer gods gave this one an integrated handle, and made it lightweight enough for even the puniest geek. It feels so totably light, it must be totally right![/quote]

IS THAT BETTER, WOOT??

Cool