Going on any road trips this summer?

Yep…driving to Cape Cod…lobsters here we come :lobster:

7 Likes

To infinity and beyond! Oh wait, that would have to be on a spaceship. To middle America and beyond… or maybe just a short one to the beach. Yah, that’s the ticket. Although I really hope it doesn’t involve tickets or anything else bad. Maybe I should just stay home?!?
Staycation Loner GIF by Parker Jackson

9 Likes

Coming back?

4 Likes

No, went on a 670 mile road trip in a uhaul last fall

5 Likes

Headed to Texas next month but that’s about it for this summer.

Personally I like traveling in the spring and fall vs summer.

Road Trip Summer GIF by @SummerBreak

7 Likes

Already went on a short road trip to Kansas City for a few days. That’s it for this summer though I think.

Trip GIF

6 Likes

Leonardo Dicaprio Summer GIF

6 Likes

Newfoundland so road and ferry

10 Likes

Be sure your AC is working well…
It’ll be a hot one this summer for TX

5 Likes

Driving Road Trip GIF by Travis

4 Likes

Had to cancel our big trip due to a medical emergency. Last minute beach trip is now planned for some recoveryR&R.

5 Likes

Oh yes :weary: I already live in the south so I am very very familiar with all of the heat and humidity.

Heat Melting GIF by SUPER LTD

8 Likes

Nothing planned so far. Probably visit sons and their families.

But this question reminded me of road trips with my grandparents. Grandpa had a stock answer whenever I asked him how much further - he always responded with “20 miles”. Didn’t matter how I phrased the question or how far we had already traveled. “20 miles”.
One day I followed up with how far have we driven? “20 miles”.
Thought about this for a bit. “Grandpa, how long is the entire trip?”. His answer: “20 miles”.
Good times.

Road Trip GIF by nettwerkmusic

8 Likes

Just got back from a two-night tent camping trip in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. No big happenings on the road, but fellow campers saw/heard a black bear nearby our first night there, and I’m 99.9% certain we heard a bobcat wandering around the next night.

5 Likes

Where’s my MAYBE, I DON’T KNOW? choice?

Who Knows Yes GIF by Bounce

5 Likes

Plane tickets ain’t much Cheaper… Depending on how many people

6 Likes

…but did you see the big ball of twine? …seriously tell me you at least tried some BBQ at a GOOD BBQ restaurant?!?
Bbq Sauce GIF by Sonny's BBQ

7 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

3 Likes

No! How did we miss the twine?? :weary: We aren’t huge bbq fans, but had some top notch food while we were there! We made a rule not to eat at any chain we have near home, so most restaurants were pretty local. :yum:

6 Likes

We took one in May to NC to buy laser supplies (big sale bought over 1K sheets) and went to beach for first time since childhood…was really relaxing (I don’t do enough of that).

*****If traveling to NC check out Pachinko World! It is definitely more fun than the article we found described…owner is awesome and shows you how to play the games. Only Pachinko Parlour in the USA (so they say) but definitely an experience.

…but at my work we get off work in the summer a couple hours early on Fridays so jump-starts a weekend so we take micro vacations about once a month.

7 Likes