Going on any road trips this summer?

We did a road trip to CA last month to hit Magic Mountain… then went on a 4 day cruise out of Long Beach. Stopped in LV on the way down for a night. All in all, it was a pretty fun trip. Probably be the last one for a while though… we bought a vacation house by a lake a couple months ago… gotta watch the spending a little better now (the CA trip was already planned and paid for before we bought the lake house).

7 Likes

Road trip, we don’t need no stinkin road trip!

5 Likes

IMG_0947

One summer, when I was a kid, the aliens took over my family and made me get in their spaceship, which looked exactly like a 1964 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser station wagon. It took a long time – days and days – and they took us to this strange planet where everything was flat, hot and boring. There we met other aliens called “relatives” and “cousins.” They weren’t fun like my friends back on Earth. They had to work on “farms” and do “chores.” They didn’t get cartoons on their TV, only old movies and weather reports. The older aliens seemed to know each other and had lots of stuff to drink that made them loud and silly. I had to eat funny tasting food everybody liked except me.

After a long, long, long time, they made me get back into the spaceship to return to Earth, which was too bad, because I was just getting used to the “cousins” and some of them were kind of nice, and the food wasn’t too bad once you got used to it. Anyway, after more days and days and days of driving in the spaceship, we got back to Earth and all my friends wanted to know where I’d gone and how come I missed Summer with them and did I know that Joey broke his arm falling out of his tree fort, and that Amy’s family moved away?

Things have never been the same since then for some reason.

8 Likes

Yeah, getting my money’s worth in the trip

4 Likes

spiral highway GIF
Feels like a road trip every time I get in my Jeep.

2 Likes

Wondering how many here have had similar experiences.
:pickup_truck: :minibus: :steam_locomotive:

5 Likes

Hey… that’s where I live! You left too soon! Red, White, and Blues weekend is this weekend. I love watching the Blue Angels fly! C’mon back and visit any time. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Normally my daughter plans a road trip for her, her husband, their daughter, and me. But this year, they added a new baby instead of doing a road trip. Adoption is expensive! So my road trips will be confined to driving (or flying) to TX to see them, which is OK by me. I saw my granddaughter every month for the 1st 5 years of her life… I’m already on month 3 with the grandson… and have my flight booked for August. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Happy Dance GIF by RatePunk

3 Likes

HAWAII? I WANNA GO! Must have been an interesting drive/dive though…
Water Driving GIF by Yevbel

4 Likes

johnny depp fear GIF

5 Likes

I use the road for my Trader Joe’s trips on the reg.

4 Likes

Ya, I have to take my twins down to Key West to celebrate their 21st B-Day. This is after my youngest twin spent 6 weeks in Thailand teaching English and 1 week in Korea. Most expensive summer ever!!!

5 Likes

Sounds familiar.

@bludonda0 Glad you made it out ok. Welcome to the other side. :wink:

3 Likes

I wish…

Road Trip Car GIF by giphystudios2021

3 Likes

A New England road trip!

5 Likes

We travel by map… :joy:

The Muppets Singing GIF by Muppet Wiki

8 Likes

On the road with Carolina Crown for three weeks! It may not be what some call a “road trip,” but as a driver of one of the 14 vehicles in the convoy it’s definitely a trip down the road. #CrownTour2023 #KnightsOfTheRoundWheel

5 Likes

I did post in the last TTHH after it happened!

I had my gopro and cell phone still recording and didn’t know, so it’s terrible footage, but my son found and pointed out the shark right before it happened. It was far away and swimming at us full speed, no idea what it was going after. My husband thinks it thought another girl in the cage looked like a seal because she was wearing a black rash guard.

Here’s the broken glass after it happened:

4 Likes

Just completed my only one for the year. Trip to Bountiful Utah to meet my newest grandson. 2200 miles round trip. Was great & uneventful until coming through the Seattle area at rush hour traffic.

4 Likes