Green Grotto V: now 5x more pretentious!

Yes! Label EVERYTHING. If you buy her new bedding, label it. Underwear? Write her name in em. Jewelery? Keep it at home. Makeup? Sharpie it. Books, wet wipes, perfume, etc. You’ve got to write on it.

Its a pain but necessary. Don’t take in multiples of anything because the aids don’t look and will open the first one they grab. (shower gel, shampoo, deodorant, etc) My aunt is a hoarder and buys everything in bulk. She’d take my grandma 20 toothbrushes and a pallet of body wash. There wasn’t enough room first off, but yeah. You’d end up with 3 open bottles of the same thing. I’m hoping you won’t have this lol.

You can ask if their laundry offers labeling. Sometimes they can make labels and stitch them in.

5 Likes

So many road-ragers mentioned above!
Stuff like that bothered me when I moved to Warshington, land of clueless drivers.
Learning in San Diego, I knew how to merge & let others in, how to let faster drivers go, passing safely & usually traffic going 10-15 mph over posted speed limits.
Here… No one has any idea how to zipper-merge. They sit in one lane for miles cursing anyone in the unused lane. They flip you off, jam their car over to slow you down or to direct traffic, go the speed limit or slower in the fast lane, have no idea what the hell a freeway onramp is for… it goes on.
I now just watch my ass. Avoid idiots. Let some go & accelerate away from others.
Ahhh… Old & retired has benefits…

5 Likes

that’s what I kept telling K when he was going for his license. you can be the best driver in the world, but the lunatics out there can still crash into you.

4 Likes

@mbspell

Got snacks for your visit.

3 Likes

Sometimes I get in a rut. Same thing again and again.
Threw this together tonight.
Farfalle pasta, homemade (by a friend) Italian sausage, basil pesto, roasted asparagus, and parmesan.
It turned out great.

5 Likes

that looks very yummy moles.[quote=“moles1138, post:5554, topic:390724, full:true”]
Sometimes I get in a rut. Same thing again and again.
Threw this together tonight.
Farfalle pasta, homemade (by a friend) Italian sausage, basil pesto, roasted asparagus, and parmesan.
It turned out great.

[/quote]

3 Likes

you can cry… might help make you accept things as they are. it is a heart breaking mess.

dementia is very sneaky, a little bit everyday every year…
so I don’t think this is the beginnings of her dementia.
more like medication side affects like poof said, can be an electrolytes imbalance. or the bacteria egg thing, maybe is not quite gone?

I could say welcome to the club,
but I don’t want you or mama chev in this painful club!!!

strength and love chev.:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

6 Likes

Thanks to everyone for your kind and supportive words.

Bridezilla just said “you have very wise friends.”

We’re hitting the road soon.

5 Likes

Safe travels!

4 Likes

ITS SCREAMING TUESDAY PEOPLE!!!

4 Likes

HAPPY YELLING TUESDAY!!

3 Likes

BOGO FOR NURSES AT CHIPOTLE TODAY

3 Likes

I JUST GOT AN EMAIL SURVEY ASKING ME HOW I LIKE EMAIL.

3 Likes

IT’S QUIET IN HERE! MY COMPUTER IS WORKING FINE, BUT THE ROUTER AND WHO KNOWS WHAT ELSE IS NOT WORKING RIGHT. I TALKED TO FRONTIER CUSTOMER SERVICE ON SUNDAY ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET. THEY ARE COMING TO THE HOUSE ON WEDNESDAY BETWEEN 10 A.M.- 2 P.M. TO FIX IT. THANK GOD FOR THE PUBLIC LIBRARY COMPUTERS! COMING HERE TWICE A DAY, BUT IT’S NOT NEARLY ENOUGH COMPUTER TIME. QUITE A FEW NOISY KIDS IN HERE TODAY. CAN’T WAIT TO GET BACK TO MY HOME COMPUTER!

4 Likes

SCHOOL IS OUT BUT AT LEAST THEY’RE NOT ON THE STREETS GETTING INTO TROUBLE.

I’VE BEEN REAL BUSY TODAY. READY TO SLAP SOME SENSE INTO PEOPLE A LA GIBBS/NCIS.

4 Likes

SHOULD I CALL YOU AND ASK YOU HOW YOU LIKE PHONE CALLS, TOO?

4 Likes

I BET A DUNKS OR STARBUCKS WOULD BE QUIETER, BUT THAT WOULD ONLY WORK IF YOU HAD A LAPTOP. I DON’T.

4 Likes

K HAS ORIENTATION FOR HIS SUMMER JOB TODAY. I’M STILL WAITING TO HEAR WHEN MINE WILL BE.

SUPER EXCITED FOR OUR GRAND OHIO-CHICAGO TRIP ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!! ALWAYS FUN TO VISIT SOMEPLACE NEW. ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE GOOD FRIENDS TO MEET, COOKIES TO EAT AND A POKEMON GO FEST TO ATTEND!!!

5 Likes

GOOD NEWS, GREENS! MAMACHEV MADE THE TRIP LIKE A TROOPER! WE SPRUNG HER FROM REHAB AND HAVE HER SAFELY TUCKED IN ON OUR SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN!

THIS FACILITY IS WITHOUT A DOUBT THE NICEST PLACE I’VE EVER SEEN. I AM READY TO SELL EVERYTHING I OWN AND MOVE IN MYSELF! I HOPE SHE CAN STAY THERE UNTIL THE ANTIBIOTICS ARE FINISHED AND HER TUMMY IS BETTER.

THANKS TO ALL FOR GOOD VIBES, PRAYERS, KARMA, WHATEVER YA BEEN SENDING…KEEP IT COMING!
LOVE TO ALL! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

6 Likes

I HAVE ONE I BOUGHT FROM A NEIGHBOR. HE SAID HE WIPED IT CLEAN, BUT I THINK I SHOULD TAKE IT TO A COMPUTER STORE OF SOME KIND, AND HAVE A PRO DOUBLE CHECK IT BEFORE USING IT. ALSO NEED TO CHECK INTO A VPN .

2 Likes