Hall's Hot-n-Snappy Beer Cheese

Hall's Hot-n-Snappy Beer Cheese

If this is aged cheddar, then it should be fine for lactose intolerant people.

1 Like

Can these be frozen?

Aging cheese has nothing to do with the amount of Lactose in it.

1 Like

The name caught me off guard

Yum…???

1 Like

I am curious too. What is the freezing point of this chez?

Hard cheeses have been cultured over time. You’re correct, aging isn’t by itself the trick that converts lactose to glucose and galactose or galactose-6-phosphate. The longer it ages, the less lactose in the final cheese. While I’m lactose intolerant, I typically don’t have problems eating hard cheeses.

1 Like

I am from the town where this is made. It can be frozen, but the texture is not as good as when eaten fresh, so I personally wouldn’t freeze it. I eat it with Ritz crackers and Ruffle potato chips. At Halls restaurant, it is served with club crackers, celery and carrot slices. Also, some people say you need to develop a taste for it. I love it as my daughter and husband don’t care for it.

Enjoy

1 Like

You’re lucky. I can practically look at cheese and feel like I’m dying :sob:

1 Like

ok, the picture shows 3 tubs of 8oz each, but the description says nothing about how many are included for the price…

nm. now i see the big pink bar that says: Buy This & Receive…
(6) - Hall’s Beer Cheese Hot-n-Snappy, 8oz

I love beer, cheese, beer cheese, and spicy so I’m in for one. Also, cheddar is my favourite style of cheese.

So would the lactose intolerant eat this cheese or cut it first?

I got mine the other day and just ate my first tub in one sitting. Delicious. You can taste the cayenne, but it’s not what I would call spicy. Overall a nice balance between the cheddar, beer, and cayenne.