Hover-1 Electric Folding Scooter ALPHA Refurbished

Hover-1 Electric Folding Scooter ALPHA Refurbished

Is this factory refurbished or 3rd party?

1 Like

Hello. It’s 3rd party refurbished.

Here’s our guide:

Does it come with the wall charger?

So, would that be Grade A refurbished?

The pictures are conflicting-- do we know if this is the front wheel drive or rear wheel drive model?

1 Like

Answers to questions:

Charging cord is included.

This is just “Refurbished”, a grade below Grade A.

Bought two of these. Arrived a week later, both units have bad back tires, one looked brand new the other slightly used. Neither will hold air. Called woot who offered a $100 partial refund so I could take them to a repair shop, but no one in my area will touch these things. One of the two units has something wrong with it, where even when you air up the back tire and immediately head out, it has a max speed of 6mph, even in turbo mode. The other was working fine. Apparently, woot is going to replace with two more this week, but considering these come from the same place (iRecertify), I honestly can’t imagine the next two are going to be any better.

I ordered two of these last week (July 18 2022).

First one had a screw embedded and broken off in the handlebar assembly (I temporarily put the other 3 in just to test the scooter), a loose vibrating fender mount, and was missing the air pump. I only rode it around my garage so there might be more issues once I actually take it out.

Second one the vertical column folding mechanism was bent beyond use so I couldn’t even get the column to click into place to stay vertical, obviously not even usable and dead on arrival.

So I just messaged Woot about it, we’ll see what they say. Doesn’t seem like very good quality control from the refurb people.

1 Like

Waiting for mine to get delivered. Going by the comments from customers here, I am amazed by the quality control of the seller. Please do not waste customer’s time. I hope I get a good one.

Mine arrived last night. I’ve taken it out twice since. I must have been one of the lucky buyers because I can’t even tell mine is refurbished. The only issue is an intermittent clicking from the front wheel. According to research, that’s likely a loose front wheel cover. Since it’s just cosmetic, it can be taken off and used without it. So no concerning defects and absolutely nothing concerning enough to make me consider a return or warranty claim.

Sorry to the folks that got lemons. I don’t know how bad irecertify is, but it’s hard to tell since people happy with their purchases rarely create forum accounts to say that something woot may never sell again was exactly what they ordered.

Had you guys not come back here and said you got lemons, I probably wouldn’t have posted.

2 Likes

Being one of the lemon posters, I respect and appreciate you coming back to say so.

Glad you got one of the good ones, I’m still on the lookout!