HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini PC

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 Mini PC

Upgrade CPU and SATA hard drive.

How to add/upgrade NVMe hard drive.

3 Likes

Awesome! I encourage anyone who is willing to take the risk of opening up their hardware and wants to upgrade to try it. Computers are super easy to upgrade. The engineers do all the work, and mass produce stuff that’s just a couple cables and maybe a screw or two to be seated.

2 Likes

@woot @ThunderThighs (do you work on the weekend?)

Does the 16GB model come with 1x 16GB SO-DIMM or 2x 8GB SO-DIMMs installed?

Edit: Also, the pictures show a dual-DisplayPort/single-VGA model, while the specs say “DisplayPort / HDMI/ VGA”. Does this actually have HDMI?

Thanks!

4 Likes

Plug & Play Rocks! Wouldn’t it be great if computer engineers designed automobile mechanical systems the same way.

4 Likes

Do we know if the USB-C port outputs video?

Only USB 3.1 and higher can support video without an external adapter. I believe this only has USB 3.0, so no, not without an external adapter anyway.

1 Like

I have one of these, it would be great for an elder person who dosen’t need a whole lot. It works super.

This will not run windows 11. I know you can make it happen somehow, but most say you will not be able to update at some point making this vulnerable to attack. I guess you could put linux on there and keep it up to date.
Since it is stuck on windows 10, no more security updates after October 14, 2025.

1 Like

The method to make win11 run on a non-suoported CPU would be to install windows 11 on a machine that does support it, and then move the hard drive/SSD you installed windows on to the non-suoported machine.

I’ve only done it by accident, and switched back to 10, so idk about updating and such.

Edit: actually I just googled it, you can install it via bootable USB which is a relatively easy process with the windows media creation tool. Basically you need a USB drive and to follow some instructions online, it’s a relatively easy process. might need a product key for activation later

1 Like

These machines usually have the key embedded in the BIOS already.

Microsoft actually shows the steps to install W11 on unsupported systems. Folks are on their own for this, however:

1 Like

It’s been previously noted on other refurbished systems that it can vary from system to system.

(Note that I am not staff. I just volunteer to help out on the forums.)

1 Like

Love the computer, but shady hiding that it comes with a Wifi usb adapter, and not built in.
Yes, i see it listed now on the SPECS screen, but still listing it as a feature is not quite correct.

Thanks Woot.

I like what i see. More later on its use…
But… Mouse ran away… No mouse in box
I’ll worry about that later

Aw, sorry about the mouse. Reach out to Woot! Customer Service for some options. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.