HP Ultra Dual Core Entertainment Notebook with 17.3" LCD, Blu-Ray and HDMI

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

HP Ultra Dual Core Entertainment Notebook with 17.3" LCD, Blu-Ray and HDMI
$599.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 HP DV7-3065DX 2.4GHz AMD Dual-Core, 4GB, 500GB SATA, 17.3" LED LCD, Blu-Ray, Windows 7 Home Prem 64

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
outsource your F5 to wooters.us!

HP Ultra Dual Core Entertainment Notebook with 17.3" LCD, Blu-Ray and HDMI [Refurbished] - $599.99 + $5 shipping

1 * HP DV7-3065DX 2.4GHz AMD Dual-Core, 4GB, 500GB SATA, 17.3” LED LCD, Blu-Ray, Windows 7 Home Prem 64

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Will this run Starcraft 2?

here’s CNet’s great review

and a previous woot where i posted that as well.

Unless Starcraft 2 doesn’t run on Windows 7 (which I’m sure it does on Vista so it should on 7) then it will work.

good computer to watch movies on HULU?

Here’s HP specs

Wasn’t this just on here a couple weeks ago? If they had more to unload, why not just put one in my BOC? :slight_smile:

FWIW, my neighbor at work bought one last time and brought it in to show off. This machine is sharp!

HP gave me the wrong restore info with my 17" notebook…so do a system restore before your warranty expires!!

Could I hook up my PS3 to the notebook via HDMI and play it on the screen?

Will the battery suffer from the lazy battery effect?

I have the same specs in a 14" HP (without the Blu Ray drive) and I really like it. I have to fiddle with the codecs to get it to run 720p H264 video smoothly, so I don’t know how well this one will play Blu Ray discs. It’s an OK gaming machine, but don’t expect high quality textures and smooth framerates. I’m getting about 25fps in Dragon Age: Origins at 1280x800 and low quality graphics. Playable, but only just. It’s very good for standard uses–Web surfing, email, word processing, even edits video well (using Sony Vegas Pro).

You should also be concerned about size. My sister-in-law has a 17" HP and it’s just massive. I like carrying around my 14" a lot more.

Seems like a great desk-top replacement, but not sure on the price point. 100$ more buys a new system, and this would need 80$ just to upgrade the warranty.
Never mind, just noted the other price points are for refurbs as well.

We are in, will use it but not on battery power with 17.5 inch screen!

Is there a 15" version of this? 17 is too big but id buy 15 in a heartbeat.

I don’t think so. The HDMI on the notebook is output only, not input.

Were there any other movies featuring evil, flying, man eating mutant fish? I think not!

No, HDMI on this and all laptops I know of is output only.

“ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics RS780M with up to 1918 MB video memory”

This might be a little misleading to some. The video card is integrated, and the 1918 MB of memory is shared rather than dedicated; meaning it’s taken from the 4 GB of main system memory.