I log in using Amazon account. What's my woot site password?

I need to enter a password to change my account’s email address. I’ve always logged in with the Amazon sign-in, I don’t think I ever had to create a woot.com password. What now?

did you try going to “your account” …an option under the drop down menu next to “*Hi, hoimingmissile”

From FAQ…
“How can I change my password, update my email address, set my email preferences, and all that kind of thing?
Your password, email address, email preferences, forum avatar, third-party sign-in connections, forum signature, and more - OK, not that much more - are all accessible through the Your Account page. If you run into trouble, tell us at our Support page.”

Did this ever get resolved? I’m running into a similar issue. I log in and pay with my Amazon account. When I try to change my email address in Woot, it requires a Woot password and won’t accept my Amazon password. It just keeps asking me to sign in. I’m in a catch-22 here. If Woot tries to contact me, it will use the old email.

1 Like

Unfortunately, not yet. It was much harder than we anticipated. :frowning:

It may be after the new year.

1 Like

[QUOTE=ThunderThighs, post:4, topic:654491]

[/quote]

Assuming “the new year” refers to 2018, does that mean 2019 or beyond to be “after” the new year?

(of course, most of us refer to “during dark” as being “after dark.” Such a language we have :slight_smile: )

We’re looking to have this fixed in Jan/Feb 2018. Need some help from the Amazon login boffins and they don’t like messing with stuff during the big shoppin’ times.

hello guys I was wondering how can I change my address where I use to receive the checks from shirtwoot, since I recently change my location, now i need to update that info, anyone knows?

P.s. pardon my bad english

Hello!

You should be able to change your address in your own accounts.

Then email artistpayments@amazon.com so you can fill out a new W8/W9 and a new form to update your auto deposit bank information.

If you need more help, email artists@woot.com.

[QUOTE=ThunderThighs, post:4, topic:654491]

[/quote]

I’m assuming this is still a problem since I just tried changing my email as well and can’t. I have always logged into woot with my Amazon. I even tried every old Amazon password I could remember…no luck! :unamused: now what?

[QUOTE=gypsieangel, post:9, topic:654491]
I’m assuming this is still a problem since I just tried changing my email as well and can’t. I have always logged into woot with my Amazon. I even tried every old Amazon password I could remember…no luck! :unamused: now what?
[/quote]

If you’ve always used the Amazon account, you should just be able to change your email with Amazon, but if you had a pre-existing Woot account, that’s where we are stuck right now.

Is there any progress on this? I emailed customer service about this but they’re stuck in an infinite loop. It seems insane to me that you can’t backpropagate an email address from a linked Amazon account to a woot account. Is there no way out for me?

[QUOTE=khm9, post:11, topic:654491]
Is there any progress on this? I emailed customer service about this but they’re stuck in an infinite loop. It seems insane to me that you can’t backpropagate an email address from a linked Amazon account to a woot account. Is there no way out for me?
[/quote]

I agree! We are working with Amazon on this.

I’m having the same problem. I received a broken monitor and I cannot get a shipping label to return it. How can we fix this? My return window will end and I would not have a monitor. I need a fast response on this, please! I just need the RMA and label to send the item back and reorder.

bolognia1

We have a way to fix this now!

Email support@woot.com and give them your old email address so they can verify who you are. They can help you with the return. Make sure you give them your new email address for the return label.

Then email a second time asking that we change your email address on your woot account. Give the old and new email address. The CS manager will be able to assist.

1 Like

Can you pick me for the giveaway today?

Having the same issue to it still seems to be a problem. I followed your steps to get my tracking info and email updated so hopefully it gets resolved. Would be nice if there was a specific option for this in the support questions list since it seems to be a recurring problem.

Wow… how can this still be an issue? Why no forgot password or anything in Woot? Looking to change my email but can’t because I log in with Amazon.

What’s the latest status on this multi-year saga?

There’s a guide in the second half of this post which should help you.

You’ll need to write in to CS.

(Please note: I don’t work for Woot, I just volunteer to help out here on the forums.)

1 Like