Email, email! Have you updated your email?

Hello wooters! We’re on a mission to get you to update your email address on your Woot! account.

Did you know that our daily digest, newsletters, customer support emails, and giveaway winner notifications go to the email address on your Woot! account and not your Amazon login email address if used/different? That’s right. Even if you use Login with Amazon (LWA), please keep your email address on your woot.com account up to date.

So keep your email address up to date and you won’t be so surprised when you get an email from us.
email GIF

If you’ve forgotten your password and
no longer have access to that email account,
click here for special instructions.

Why must you do this, you ask? It’s simple. Amazon prides itself on protecting customer data. Third party companies, like Woot, that use Amazon’s Login with Amazon widget do not have access to your login credentials. You type it in to the code/widget they give us, it goes to Amazon for verification, and we get back a yes or no. That’s it. We do not have a way to view your Amazon login email.

Older Woot! Accounts: If you joined before Login with Amazon and now use LWA, please make sure to update the email address on your https://www.woot.com/ account.

Woot! Accounts Created with LWA: If you’ve used LWA from the start with Woot!, your login email was saved to your Woot! account. HOWEVER, if you update your email on Amazon, it does not update on Woot! You must also update your email on Woot!

Forgotten Password: If you’ve forgotten your password to your Woot! account, you can use the “Forgot your password?” link and an email will be sent to let you reset the password. If you no longer have access to the email account on your Woot! account, please see instructions below to ask for assistance is resetting your email.

So let’s get started so you don’t miss out on our funny subject lines.

Update your email address on Woot!

Desktop

1. Go to www.woot.com and click on the ugly gray generic avatar in the upper-right corner:

2. Click on the Log in with Woot button and log in with your Woot! email address and password. This may be different than your Amazon login email address if you created your account before about 2017.

3. On the next screen, select “Email and Password Settings” from the left side. And yay! You get to sign in again to make sure you’re really you. Remember to sign in with Woot!

Finally, you can update your email and/or password from the next screen. Ignore the “Name” on that screen as it is a lie. If your username is Wooterxxxxx, you can change your name ONCE. Follow these directions.. If you have a regular username, you’re stuck with it. Hope you like it. :smiley:

App or Mobile Website

1. Open the Woot! app or go to www.woot.com on your mobile device (aka smart phone) and tap on “Account” on the bottom navigation bar. This takes you to the following screen:

1. Tap on “Email and Password Settings” and sign in using the sign in with Woot! boxes. Do not use Login with Amazon.

On the next screen, you can update your email and/or password. Ignore the “Name” on that screen as it is a lie. If your username is Wooterxxxxx, you can change your name ONCE. Follow these directions.. If you have a regular username, you’re stuck with it. Hope you like it. :smiley:

Getting help updating your email address on your Woot! account

So your email address on your Woot! account is an email address you haven’t used in over five years and you don’t remember the password. What ya gonna do? You’re going to contact Woot! Customer Service! They will help you update the email address so you can login in and update your settings. Follow these instructions as you must provide certain information to verify who you are.

Email support@woot.com with the following:

Subject: Help changing my Woot! email address

I need help changing my Woot! email address.

Woot username: the name you see when you log in

Full Name: the name on the account

Old email address: this is the email address you need to change

New email address: this is the email address you now use

Billing Address: For security verification, please give your latest billing address with zip code

Thank you.

Allow CS 48-72 hours to complete the request. They will respond to your email when the change is complete with instructions on how to proceed.

That’s it! Please keep those email addresses updating. It will save you a lot of time if you need to contact us. And while you’re there, remember to subscribe to our Daily Digest and newsletters. They’re chock full of good deals.

Lastly, DO NOT post your email address here. Seriously, that’s just not smart.

36 Likes
15 Likes

So much better than when I spent YEARS trying to resolve this issue.

15 Likes

I don’t wanna

13 Likes

Why bother? You didn’t put the hint for the vote in the email.

18 Likes

Working Battlestar Galactica GIF

17 Likes

Exactly. They promised a hint for the Woot Trivia game.

NOTHING BUT EMPTY BROKEN PROMISES AND SHATTERED DREAMS!

22 Likes

Yeahhhhh, the person that does that part is on vacation.

18 Likes

I demand a refund!

21 Likes

For an email you don’t pay for?

20 Likes

Yes.

18 Likes

Ah yes… trying to collect email addresses for all those chain letters. I’m on to you!

17 Likes

Maybe put a complaint into the Suggestion Box?

16 Likes

Which would explain why @ThunderThighs still doesn’t have a full pair of shoes.

13 Likes

I saw a single shoe on my walk earlier…maybe it will fit TT.

14 Likes

Maybe there’s a reason it’s single. Poor hygiene, anti-social, can’t relate to its opposite shoe…

14 Likes

Seems fair to me. I think I should get two refunds as I never signed up for email notifications of any kind.

Thanks!

11 Likes

15 Likes