I Miss the Old Woot

I Miss the Old Woot

I was discussing the old Woot with some people, and then they complained that that wasn’t what they wanted.

I mean, seriously! They want the old Woot so badly, that Woot goes out of their way to design a shirt expressing this feeling (but mostly for the money), and then they suddenly DON’T want the old Woot.

2 Likes

no sales stats? oh man…

I agree, I miss the old Woot. It offered better products, prices and humor. I used to order more often also. When Amazon took over the company it became a dumping ground for customer returned, so-called “reconditioned” merchandise.

1 Like

Amazon made no difference in us selling customer returned, so-called “reconditioned” merchandise. That’s what we built the Woot business on.

How about this: https://old.woot.com/

2 Likes

I agree! Woot NEVER used to sell reconditioned and refurbished goods before Amazon. This product in 2008 actually fell through a wormhole in spacetime from 2012 back to 2008 to be listed on Woot:
https://www.woot.com/offers/polaroid-8-dual-screen-portable-dvd-with-game-controller-dec-10

1 Like

Remember when Woot Offs were fun?

/s

Oh and then there’s this computer from 2004:

That wormhole, I tell ya.

1 Like

No. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As in they are still fun, or they were never fun?

1 Like

1 Like

Since my orders aren’t being delivered by a monkey flying a drone I’m pretty sure this is the old Woot.

3 Likes

Is it still customary to say that every woot-off is “the worst woot-off ever”?

4 Likes

Fucking hate wootoffs, when’s the next one?

4 Likes

Well, yeah. I mean, you know, it’s tradition.

That’s why there’s always uncle wooty’s tanker truck of balsamic vinegar, off-brand magic erasers, @daveinwarshington 's lightly haunted Roomba, expensive stuff no one can afford, and all those squirting toilet seats.

3 Likes

Time Truck.

3 Likes

If you actually work at Woot, which I strongly doubt, then you must be a recent hire because you have no clue how Woot used to be before Amazon took over.

• TT does.
  • If by recent, you mean compared to decades.
  • TT has been a customer since the days of old.woot.com.

Anything else?

4 Likes

this comment is amazing for so many reasons, unbeknownst to the author

5 Likes

We piloted drone delivery but it was cost-prohibitve

2 Likes