Industro Wrenches, Ratchets & Sockets

So the 71 piece set is actually more expensive? And can anyone find any reviews for the 72 teeth 1/4 inch drive ? I can’t find anything on it

Never heard of this brand…

Based on the engrish all over their website, looks like made in China or Taiwan.

(After digging some more) Yup, it looks like they’re made in Taichung, Taiwan. Sometimes the tools from Taiwan is better quality than the stuff from the mainland.

Here’s a review of the sockets from the good folks at Moab Jeeper, along with a follow-up review of the combo wrenches. They seemed to like them.

Here’s a video review of the sockets:
[youtube=Q2T8Vu15xCo][/youtube]

If they are made in Taiwan that’s usually a plus over made in China tools.

They’re multi-fit, so the same wrench/socket works on metric, standard, and Torx, etc,

but for me,
that alone can’t justify the price without some background on the manufacturers quality & reputation.

There’s so much of a difference between high quality & cheap tools,
some more close up pics would definitely help.
As would a history of who this brand is in the description.

But for now,
the price + just a 90 day warrentee on hand tools kills it for me.

Oooooooo

Shiny tools

Can’t resist Shiny tools…

My wife will leave me if another set of anything appears in the house. Ugh. I like the wife…

Cheap Asian tools at expensive prices. What a concept. Buy Craftsman with the lifetime no questions asked warranty. Break it, take it back and they give you a new one. Kobalt tools at Lowe’s are not bad if you like shiny sockets.

12 PC Multi-Fit Combination Wrench Set

almost 2 hundy and its not a Snap-on?

Can some one explain!

Snap-on is cheaper and made in USA. Snapon is extremely better quality!!!

the 90 day woot warranty seals the deal.

Industro 751, 71 Piece 1/4" & 3/8" Drive Patented Indo-Socket Set w/ Blow Mould Case
Woot price: $91
Amazon price: $49.98
WTF, Woot?

Yeah, they are cheap. Obviously it’s been a while since you purchased any Snap-on tools. A single spline socket is about $30 (and worth every penny)

This isn’t a “brand”. The way these deals work is a couple guys with business or marketing degrees rent an office and a phone number, come up with some product concepts, and get some prototypes made. Then they take photos and write spec sheets, and try to find retailers. If they get enough orders, they get the factory in Taiwan or China to crank out the merchandise. Next month they might be trying to sell dishes, or bedsheets, or whatever. I prefer to buy from real companies rather than imaginary ones, even if they’re outsourcing their production.

No, They’re not cheaper. Snap-On are actually more expensive, by a decent margin. BUT, ARE Made in USA and are bar none, worth the cost (usually).

You are not getting the ‘Multi-fit’ with Snap-On but, you’re getting the best fit on the fastener at hand with SO. So, if you’re looking at dumping money on a trusted tool, SO is where it’s at. If you want quality without as much cost, look at Armstrong. Remember, most Craftsman tools are now made in China so, the quality is up for debate and the loss of American jobs is happening because that off-shoring.

Please note that THIS is what “ratchet” means. It is a tool, not an adjective!!!

No Chinese tools in my boxes.

All American (except a few from Germany or UK).

Thanks for the info about Craftsman. I bought mine so many years ago that I’m pretty sure they were made in the US.

Didn’t the Japanese use American steel to build the ships and planes that attacked Pearl Harbor? I think I read that once. Now it’s a war of economies, and we’re losing. The current administration in Washington with its policies of excessive regulation and taxation of businesses is hastening the demise.

“Ratchet” is a noun (the mechanical device inside the wrench) and a verb (to ratchet is to turn said device).

I get utterly pissed at the loss of American jobs, but most of that is due to how we choose to conduct business ourselves today. I really don’t think you putting forward that the US profited from aiding the Japanese war machine is the greatest argument to made here.

The things new today are that we’re now on the receiving end (bad) and it’s almost strictly now an economic war (good). But let’s not pretend there weren’t economic wars back then too. US steel and oil exports to Japan easily helped aid the Japanese Empire and its heavy military aggression and atrocities in the region for many years. China remembers it quite well, as do the UK/Commonwealth nations and France.

When the US finally pulled back exports to Japan due to their war atrocities and Europe literally begging us for years, that more than likely made the bombing on Pearl Harbor easier, since Japan had already lost access to our resources.

Go to a Sears and look at the hand tools. Most are still made in the USA. Some, like the “Vice Grips” have been off-shored because no one in the US is making “Vice Grips” at a consumer price any longer. Unless I’m going to modify a tool (cut it up, bend it, etc) for a one time purpose I only buy US, European and Japanese production and I’m rarely limited by Craftsman’s selection.

I should add that one annoying thing Sears has done is introduce the “Evolve” line which is almost always a China or Taiwan product. They’ve also made two levels of some products (pliers) available in two Craftsman quality tiers. The basic is an import and the higher is the US version. You just have to look at the packaging for the Made in USA, it’s still on most of them.