Lenovo Flex 2-in-1 Convertible Chromebook

Lenovo Flex 2-in-1 Convertible Chromebook

I imagine this is the 2018 model, and not the newer 2021?

1 Like

Updates through June 2025, which is great for what woot sells. After that date, no security updates / bug fixes / etc will be released for this device. ALL Chrome based devices have a limited “shelf life”.

Screen resolution isn’t the greatest, but is what it is at this price point.

Woot Staff: The End Of Life date should be at the top of the specs; it’s the single most important spec when buying a Chromebook/box ESPECIALLY considering Chrome based devices have a limited update lifetime.

6 Likes

Hi there. These are being pulled from Amazon inventory so we don’t have a lot of information. It’s this one on Amazon which is showing as the 2021 model.

https://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Chromebook-11-6-Inch-Processor-82HG0006US/dp/B08T6N424Z

1 Like

4GB is painfully low memory for a chromebook.

1 Like

It’s actually not that bad. This is a Chromebook, after all. I have my four year old Lenovo Chromebook with the same 4GB memory and it runs great. Of course, if you are using a memory-hungry app, this might not be for you. But, for general web-browsing and Google apps, 4GB is just fine.

2 Likes

Got one last week it was great for 15 minutes untill the OS update killed the touch screen, let hope this one makes it though.

Lenovo tells you how to install Linux on it.

3 Likes

This one is likely the 2018 model. Woot was selling the 2021 model for $150 the other day and I bought that. Got sent the 2018 model, so I returned it. Got an email yesterday that they’re giving me a $10 refund in the meantime cuz they dropped the price to $140. So I think that’s probably this listing. Word of warning: I thought about keeping it despite only 4 years of updates, but when I updated to the latest version of Chrome OS the touchscreen completely stopped working. Powerwashed it several times and it never came back. So for the price just don’t update it from stock or don’t count on the touchscreen being available.

2 Likes

It’s the same model. They advertised 2021 but sent out 2018’s. This $140 Chromebook will be the 2018 model and the touchscreen will likely bork on update.

2 Likes

I got this the last time it was offered. Nice size, seemed to be well made but the Touchscreen-the #1 reason I bought it, was DOA out of the box. The screen is not great and a bit dim and has a big bezel, but was ok for my use as a tablet-but a non-functional touchscreen made it useless for me and I returned it.

1 Like

We bought 2 a few weeks ago. One touchscreen survived the update but the other didn’t and was returned. We’re enjoying the one we kept. It does indeed show updates through 2025, which is nice, as long as further updates don’t break anything.

@ThunderThighs … we bought this same Woot! item on July 15th at $149.99. Does Woot! honor a price difference within 30 days?

1 Like

Hi there. Sorry. We sometimes price match within a week or so but definitely not 30 days.

2 Likes

Gotcha. :wink: Thanks for the quick response. :slight_smile:

Is it normal for an update to brick the touchscreen?

2 Likes

Viriiman,

Right now yes the Chromebook AUE is probably the most important thing when considering a purchase. However that is going to be made irrelevant soon. Please lookup LaCros and what that will bring to most Chromebooks when it’s rolled out which should be very soon. It will drastically change the long term functionality and security of a lot of devices. The biggest issue with this Chromebook is the touchscreen being disabled by updates. That’s very bizarre but seems to have happened to enough people.

Chromebooks can run on less ram than windows. I have a Lenovo Chromebook duet with 4 gbs of ram and it runs well

That said, this is the entryest of entry level. Which is why it’s 140 bucks.

1 Like

I probably wouldn’t trust buying a lenovo. I had a c330 flip which is pretty similar model maybe an older cpu a few years ago and the unit kept on restarting at random. Dealing with lenovo help was horrible they sent me a new chromebook 3 times and ultimately gave me a full refund because all had similar issues restarting at random. I would not even trust purchasing this even though it is a different model.

Yes, Lenovo isn’t what it used to be.

2 Likes

Does this unit happen to support Google Play apps?