Little Giant 19’ M-22 Ladder System

It is heavier that simple ladders but not awful, get the wheels. My 60 + parent can carry it, but the wheels help.

These things are great, i own a gutter company [Mod note: advertising removed] and we use these things all the time. In fact the last one i bought got stolen off the job site so i bought another one today.

Most other multi purpose ladders weight much more then these do. When your moving a ladder all day the lighter the better.

Best ladder manufacturer that we have ever tried, weve been in business since 1979. The original owner use to pay around 700 bucks for one of these.

I have had this ladder for 16 years (Paid the going rate of 429.00)and it is hands down the best multi purpose ladder I have. With purchased accessories from Lil Giant I call it the “Swiss Army Knife” of ladders.

I am a stage electrician and have used multiple sizes of little giants for over 6 years - almost daily. Mostly I use the tall 11’-21’ A frame. Our theatre has two of them. It is a little shaky with ANYBODY on it fully extended as A frame or extension ladder. They just shake as you shake climbing it. It is definitely not meant for people who are afraid of heights. All extension ladders can tip over if not properly footed, or leaning straight, and/or not steep enough of an angle. Also you can tip it over when it is fully extended (as an A-Frame) if you push in the direction perpendicular to the legs. I have seen that happen with the tallest one, it almost happened with me. I imagine it would be harder on this one, the 6’ footer.

NOW, that all being said, it is an amazing ladder, can be lifted by one person, and can tackle any ladder job! All of these ladders are crucial to us when it comes to working above the seats as you can imagine, with the variable heights each side can have. The extensions come off of both sides and you receive extra elbows with your ladder that enable you to essentially make two 6’ A - frame ladders that you can then put a peice of ply (if you don’t want to pay for Little Giants accessory platform) and make scaffolding; making painting much easier. The locks are easy to lock and unlock once you get used to either doing it on the ground ahead of time (recommended), or minor height adjustments in the air, (just know that with you leaning against the A - frame creates friction on sliding the extensions up and down, and you can fall if it collapses when you unlock it,(not recommended)! This particular ladder, for instance is heavy as a 6’ A - frame. But you will never find another ladder with the versitility, durability, and manageability, and dependability, and storage profile as the little giant! Another great abilitly the Little Giant has over it’s copycat competitors is the accessories. Not only do you have the roller option to make it more maneuverable around the garage or warehouse, but you can buy stabilizing arms for the roof. A must if you do a lot of roof maintainance and improvements. And (my personal favorite), you can buy a single leg extension. You can adjust the height of just one leg with this accessory; great for if your at an angle on stairs. So that is why I bought this one for my house. I don’t currently own a Little Giant. I currently have a gorilla (knock off) from Home Depot. Don’t get me wrong! I love that ladder! It’s well made, works perfectly and I’ve had no problems and I’ve used it for three years now! I love it! I have the 4’ A - frame. Fully extended, it is plenty tall enough to lean against the gutters of my one story house and get on the roof. And it is a little lighter than the 4’ Little Giant. Which probably means it’s probably not as durable. It was only $100 though. This ladder is $60 cheaper than you can get it from Little Giant. And $5 Shipping! Great buy! I’m a die hard fan of little giant and can’t wait to pruchase the extras!

does woot accept returns?

That “flaw” is common to Little Giant and the Cosco ladders that share this design. There is some give in the ratcheting joint – there has to be – and this can make life pretty exciting. Case in point: If you have the ladder in the “A” configuration and the legs aren’t pre-stressed to the fully-spread position, that small amount of play in the joint can let them slip. Not much, but enough. I was painting the ceiling when this happened to me, and that slight movement was enough to cause me to lose my balance and fall backwards, eight feet, to the floor. Not fun.

You can avoid this by setting the ladder up and making sure the legs are fully spread, or you can just use a standard ladder, the kind that locks into position. These ladders offer flexibility of configuration, but that comes at the price of stability.

Heavy, yes, but best ladder you could buy at this price. Perfect for uneven surfaces and mine has handled some pretty hefty heffers.

This ladder is rather good if you need to be further off the ground than you would be otherwise.

All the positive reviews (especially from the firemen) sold me on this. We have a broken roof tile and need one of these. Thank you!

People really seem to love these and recommend them, but I want to point out one thing:
If you do electrical work (especially outdoors), it is advisable to go with a fiberglass ladder. No, it doesn’t fold up and transform. But, it could save your life. Careful or not you can still accidentally bump a live wire. Aluminum ladders conduct electricity and soft ground can negate any kind of rubber “foot” on the ladder.

Awesome sauce! I’ve been looking for this but didn’t want to pay the prices I was seeing. I couldn’t pass this offer up. /cheer

Thanks, Woot!

Well… true but the code subtracts the shipping charge to help cover the fact they charged tax in Texas in the first place. Perhaps I should have been more clear.

I can’t speak about charging tax elsewhere since the acquisition. But I can say they still honored the code as recently as April of this year.

I have worked in construction for 33 years and the Little Giant is the best ladder I have used. I bought one when they cost more and I am very happy with it. Cost does not matter when safety is involed.

I fully agree, I couldn’t be happier with mine.
Solid as a rock, even on stairs! Extends tall enough for me to reach the gutters on my 2 story home. Plus, the adjustable A-frame is a dream when painting interiors.

PERFECT FATHER’S DAY GIFT

Don’t use this as an extension ladder unless it is on very solid footing and the angle is not too steep. I had one slip out from under me and fell eight feet. I thought it was on firm footing. A friend of mine broke his wrist when he fell twelve feet using it as an extension ladder. The feet are way too small and if the angle is too great it WILL slip out from under you.

I’m pretty sure my Werner is sturdier than a Little Giant. I recently had some damage to my roof, and the insurance agent brought a LG with him. I’ve been up on the roof using both an LG and a Werner now, and I’d pick the Werner for greater stability any day.

I bought a similar ladder at Home Depot for a vacation house, almost identical in design and absolutely great. I think mine is made by Werner? Heavy, but very versatile and very stable. I just bought this Little Wonder to keep here at home and expect it will be just as good. My 24’ fiberglass extension ladder will probably not see the light of day or a long time.

Several people have mentioned the $150 werner ladder from home depot. I own the werner ladder, I’ve had it at home and with 5 years occasional use (along with my brother and a friend borrowing it occasionally) it’s getting a little beat up. I worked for a year and a half installing satellite and was issued a little giant by dish network. The little giant rode on a ladder rack or in the back of a van every day, was in and out for multiple jobs every day, and was as good as new when I turned it in. In fact I didn’t catch anyone in my shop managing to break one. I’m over #200, so for those worried that it won’t work up to it’s rating, don’t worry. It does feel a little unstable at first because there is a little give in the joint at the middle (any folding ladder of the type will do that) but once you get used to that you realize it’s rock solid. I don’t do as much work as I used to, but I’m seriously considering buying one today and giving the old werner to my brother.

If you’re “really tall”, I guess you don’t need a ladder anyway. Me I can’t reach 22 feet

Hey, listen…just walk right up!