Little Giant Velocity 22' Multi-Purpose Ladder

Little Giant Velocity 22' Multi-Purpose Ladder

2 Likes

Debating this - any expierences anyone would like to share - please and thank you much

2 Likes

Why does it say it’s a 22’ ladder but the specs say the max length is 19’?

1 Like

I bought the 1st generation of the Little Giant on Woot many years ago and it’s still going strong and one the safest and most durable ladders I have ever owned. I used this newer version with my nephew to remove gutters on a building. I was very impressed with the upgrades: leveling adjustment (correction-this version does not appear to have the independent terrain foot adjustment feature) , wheels (they can be a bit heavy). I am tempted to get this one. IMO Hands down, the most versatile, well designed and rugged ladder in its class.

9 Likes

@inazuma it’s dumb but sometimes they put the “height” as the maximum height you can “safely” reach with the ladder. So the ladder itself is 19ft, and since you can only stand safely a few rungs down from the very top, your effective reach is about 3ft past the total length of the ladder.

3 Likes

I’ve had one for quite a while and love it. Very sturdy and versatile. Only downside is that it is a bit on the heavy side, a compromise for being as sturdy as it is. Well worth the investment, especially at this price.

5 Likes

I tried to purchase one of these ladders the last time it went up for sale on this website. Unfortunately Woot was unable to deliver it and had to cancel my order. But not until they sent me 2 different delivery dates and I took off of work to receive it. Just to eventually purchase this same ladder at a Lowes near me.

As for the ladder, its nice. Those leveling feet are a feature that should come on all ladders.

2 Likes

I’ve owned this ladder for about 4 months. It’s a great ladder. I’m a big boy at 300lbs and that thing doesn’t even care. I might buy a second so I can take full advantage of the scaffold feature.

2 Likes

It’s a game the ladder companies play. The extra length is the “reach” the average person would have standing as high as possible on a 19 foot ladder. Very misleading.

It’s always good to know the overall length of an item. I don’t see that as being misleading at all.

2 Likes

Great ladder, just know its heavy, and putting it in extension mode takes 2 people if you need to go high

2 Likes

I have the original version that has the pivoting U lock setup, which works well. With this one, is it released by pushing in on the orange locks to release?
The one I have could benefit from the wheels that’s added on to the new ones because it’s weighty for sure, but mine feels as solid as standing on the ground to make up for it.

3 Likes

I find it best for use in the A frame configuration and not as much in the straight extension, compared to a regular extension ladder, only because of that reason. It’s easier to pull on a rope to extend a ladder while it’s vertical target than swing the full length up from the ground, but if you don’t want to have multiple ladders for every occasion, this is fine too.

1 Like

The ladder is heavy and bulky. The photographer must have gone through a lot of takes to snap this one:

2 Likes

Yes, I have a newer 26’ Little Giant like this one. It is the Leveler model where you can adjust legs on one side to compensate for unlevel ground. If I were to buy again I should have purchased the Epic as it has the same functionality but adds the support brace mounts so you can get on roofs easier.

1 Like

The company my hubby used to work for (a HUGE telecommunications business in the US) just invested in a ton of these rather than traditional extension ladders. I’ll take that as a good enough voucher to finally get something more than “oh this dining room chair will do just fine” at our house.

We recently borrowed a traditional extension ladder from a neighbor that saw me struggling to paint an area on our roof fascia, and once this comes in, I can return it to him. Need suggestions on cookies or other treats because I’ve had this thing for like a month, because it keeps raining or being too doggone hot to work.

2 Likes

due to the requirements of US ladder standards, published by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI): A14.2 for aluminum ladders and A14.5 for fiberglass ladders. These standards dictate that ladder model size should be displayed as the total rail length of each section of a ladder. All US manufacturers use the same sizing system in order to comply with ANSI. Extension ladders, articulating ladders and other multipurpose ladders often have multiple sections, so the ANSI-compliant size is the sum of the lengths of each section, not the actual maximum extended height.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the ladder being sold here on Woot has the leg levelers?

2 Likes

I have the 15’ version. Best ladder I’ve ever had. Wishing I had the taller one like this here. Excellent value. Beats Costco sale price of $239 for the 22’ (actually 19’) model.

3 Likes

Hi there - according to the Amazon reviews, it does not come with leg levelers. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E1AQE46?th=1

2 Likes