M-Audio Recording Studio Equipment

Got the Torq mixlab last time, which was purported to be a refurb. It was not. I received (a week late) a B-stock model without the necessary cable or software. After waiting another week to get the necessary accessories, I found out the controller didn’t even work properly. Several of the faders didn’t work and neither did half of the knobs. I checked the forum frequently and realized that about half the other buyers had the same problem. Keyboards with discolored/broken keys, nonfunctional mixlabs, etc. Mine has been sitting in my closet for months as I haven’t been able to hock it for any decent price on craigslist. I’d say buy only with caution.

I have Windows 7 32 bit. Will these work with that or not?

Will the mic work with Adobe Audition?

How would the mic compare to the Blue Snowball mic?

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowball-USB-Bundle/dp/B000EOPQ7E

Looks like they have released some Windows 7 drivers that will work with the Producer… I didn’t look that close, but possibly there is software that will work with the others as well.

M-Audio

saw this exact same woot back at the end of august i think. looks gooder than before.

Hmmm… this professional quality stuff?

I have the keyboard and am running Windows 7 64 bit, and it works fine. Keep in mind that you’ll still need a decent sound card if you want to have unnoticeable latency, I haven’t been able to get ASIO4ALL to work.

You can do professional things with it, given the proper software. They work perfectly fine with industry standards CuBase and Reason, but you’ll find yourself doing a lot more fiddling on the actual computer than you would if you had a full size keyboard with all the knobs and whistles.

Edit: That first one was supposed to be an edit…oh well.

Yes, but as with Windows 7 64 bit, you’ll need a good sound card. I wasn’t able to get ASIO4ALL to work in 32 bit either.

What is ASIO4ALL?

ASIO (Audio Stream Input/Output) is a protocol for low latency audio. If you don’t have a sound card capable of it there are drivers called ASIO4ALL that will handle it through software, but I’ve only been able to get them working in XP and Vista.

In short, if you don’t use ASIO4ALL and don’t have an ASIO capable sound card, pressing a key on the keyboard will result in a couple hundred milliseconds of delay, at least.

Ahem, I asked this. Throw me a bone, huh?

Dang! I want to pick some of these up and the last two times woot had them I’ve been dead broke.

I haven’t used the M-Audio mic and I can’t find the specs anywhere so I can’t address that, but I do own the Blue Snowball and can vouch for it being a great cheap condenser. For that price you won’t find anything better.

Nope. No red light up keys. If you have the sheet music, it’s pretty easy to learn to play. Just plug it in and run the sound through your computer speakers.

Is Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 a capable sound card?

could you direct the link for these drivers? im in the boat as the guy with the oxygen 8 series 2…now working on vista 64…

Why do they have to have this Woot when I don’t have the money for it?!?

I’m a professional musician and a semi-professional home studio geek, so M-Audio stuff is a godsend for me. They make very good quality stuff for the price, and this Woot makes the prices almost silly… I’m having to hold myself back from buying something even though this is an absolutely horrible time for me to be throwing around money.

The keyboard won’t have any built-in sounds, by the way… it’s strictly a MIDI controller, so you’ll need some sound software to use it. I like Logic the best.

one question!!!

i can care less about the torq mixer or the mic cus i already have better m-audio ones of those but i want to know more about the controller…

i want a controller strictly for finale 2009 which is a piano notation software?

will this work with the software?? i need answers from people who know for sure.

btw, whats the difference between keyrig49 and keystudio49?
thankss!

Here are mic specs from M-Audio:

audio quality: 16-bit, 44.1 or 48kHz audio
capsule sensitivity: -48dB ref to 1V/Pa

I don’t know what any of that means but how does that stack against the Snowball?