Microsoft Surface Studio 2 28" All-In-One

Microsoft Surface Studio 2 28" All-In-One

1 Like

@ThunderThighs This is more expensive than on the mothership.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Surface-Studio-Intel-Core/dp/B07HZ88879?th=1

Seems really expensive for a 6-year-old computer…

1 Like

That’s for used.

Seems to be splitting hairs given that my “refurbished” Blue Yeti mic, purchased from Woot, was beat to hell.

Hi there, the below is a link to the Woot item condition glossary.

(Please Note: I’m not employed by Woot, but I volunteer to help in the forums.)

Yes, but this item isn’t described as “factory reconditioned,” it’s refurbished.

Refurbished is not the same as used.

And the definition you provided was for a “factory reconditioned” item, which this is not.

What are you even talking about? I provided the link to the Woot item definition page. Did you read the whole thing? Because it lists all of them in no particular order.

I didn’t click the link, I just read what you posted.

Embedded links quote the beginning of the linked post.

You can either click the link to view the whole guide, or click the arrow in the top right corner of the embedded part.

2 Likes

My example was the Blue Yeti mic I just got from Woot. It was obviously used with visible damage to the paint, even on the inside of the mic stand. This was listed as “refurbished”, but was obviously used and abused. I doubt ANY refurbishment was undertaken on this mic.

To Woot’s credit, they did give me a partial refund given the condition of the item. My whole point is that there is really not much difference between “used” and “refurbished”.

Also, on the page if you float the mouse over the word “Refurbished”, you see this definition:

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

That “buyer’s remorse” seems to imply “used”.

For another example, I just received the Dyson hair straightener from Woot. This was also listed as refurbished. Opening the plain, brown box was a letter from Dyson outlining that this is refurbished, their refurbishment methods, and the warranty on the product.

The product itself showed no signs of being used, and had new labels for the switches on the side. I would be tough pressed to distinguish this from new.

Maybe Woot should adopt the “A” “B” “C” condition that I’ve seen on other sites. The microphone was definitely in “C” condition. This hair straightener is definitely in “A” condition.

I don’t work for Woot.

@ThunderThighs Please see my message above and take it into consideration. Thanks!

We do use ABC. Click here for our guide to the various conditions and their definitions.

I’m really not trying to be a jerk… which is difficult for me… but I don’t see in any of your recent listings that you’re displaying the A, B, C grading. Is that just internal for Woot to decide? Could it be made visible/public?

Refurbished Grade A when we have them

Refurbished = Grade B

Scratch-n-Dent = Grade C