Microsoft Windows 11 Home or Pro (Your Choice)

Microsoft Windows 11 Home or Pro (Your Choice)

1 Like

Buyer beware OEM is not retail and you may have more work on your end to get it running, though it may run right out of the gate:

If I were building a system sooner instead of later I would be more tempted, but it could fall outside the woot 90 day warranty (if that warranty is applicable here) and I just don’t want to risk it for the savings, as nice as they are

6 Likes

I would discourage people from buying licenses via woot.

I purchased a Windows license earlier this year that was rejected by Microsoft. Woot! refused to help or refund the purchase. Buyer beware.

13 Likes

Hi there. I don’t see a license purchase in your order history. If there’s an issue in the first 90-days after purchase, make sure you reach out to Customer Service and they’ll help you out.

9 Likes

In my experience, Woot! was completely unwilling to help. Feel free to check my order history and support records.

3 Likes

It’s hard when the order is over 90-days old. Let me ask around.

1 Like

Is there any guarantee these will activate and won’t get revoked after a few weeks or months? I would buy one of these if there was an actual guarantee, but last time Woot had a listing for windows keys like this there were horror stories of support refusing to refund or replace bad keys that didn’t work. My windows install just broke and refused to reactivate with my old key that was purchased somewhere else, and I’m afraid the same will happen if I purchase one here.

1 Like

How quickly do they send the product key?

I was told by Microsoft that the key I got was a Windows 7 key. You used to be able to upgrade these to windows 11 but that is no longer available from Microsoft. Woot should really pull this listing down

6 Likes

This is the 2nd time I’ve tried one of these keys from woot and both times they have failed to activate with a fresh Windows 11 Home install.

4 Likes

Unfortunately ran into the same experience others have stated. Haven’t been able to use the code to activate an upgraded or fresh version of Windows 11.

2 Likes

Make sure you’re following the linked instructions. If still no luck, reach out to Woot! Customer Service. To speed things up, let them know if you prefer a return/refund or a replacement (if possible).

Please allow 24-48h for them to respond.

Browser: Use the Woot! Customer Service form.

Woot! App: Choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Self-Return: Items without Li-Ion batteries can be self-returned within 30 days. Go to your Order Details to get started. The return label will be emailed from UPS.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

2 Likes

There is no guarantee these licenses will work after 90 days. The licenses can and do get revoked by Microsoft and woot will not support you if that happens. Thats exactly hat happened to me.

4 Likes

Wish I would have seen this thread before I ordered.
Surprise! My key didn’t work either…

Submitted a support ticket. Fingers crossed.

My key is not worked too…(within 48 hours)
The instruction CS sent is useless…
Looking for refund…and waiting for CS reply…

@pezjunkie @bfungman Make sure you follow the instructions above.

Beware. I tried purchasing Windows 11 licenses twice this year and they both failed upon activation. The Woot team is awesome though, and they processed refunds for both orders.

The first order, Microsoft confirmed the license was actually for Windows 7 and could not be used for Windows 11.

The second order, Microsoft confirmed it was a previously used key and cannot be activated.

Thanks to Woot support team for taking care of this. I’m now going to take my refund and go buy licenses direct from Microsoft.

2 Likes

Hi there. Per the sale here:

Note: Once you receive your download code via e-mail as the tracking number, no refund will be issued. If you experience an issue, contact our customer service.

I’ll reach out to CS to make sure they don’t confuse the two.

1 Like

Already tried …but still not successful

Set up a VM to verify the code and file it away til you need it?

I’m trying to convince myself I don’t need to go from Home to Pro on my laptop since I don’t remote into it (so remote desktop won’t need dual monitor support) and I don’t think any other Pro feature would matter to my setup unless I stand up some sort of domain controller :rofl: