Monte & Mortimer avatar change

So this is a meta-Woot discussion… but seemed safer to put here than anywhere else.

Does anyone else miss the old Monte and Mortimer avatars on their daily chats? The actual pictures of stuffed Woot! Monkeys?

I do. I don’t like the new cartoony versions. But no one asked me before the change, so there you are, I guess.

geekGirlFri

6 Likes

You definitely aren’t the only one. I miss the other versions, too.

3 Likes

When I look at the monkey chat on mobile in email, I don’t even see monkeys. On the woot app, it is the stuffed monkeys.

A staff member drew several versions of the cartoon monkey, and we were asked to vote for our favorites.
The bulging eyes monkeys were rated lower than most of the others. I also prefer the stuffed monkeys over
the cartoons. They don’t look like someone just squeezed the peepers out of them.

3 Likes

There’s a new version of the app. I don’t know if it’s only the beta version but they’ve completely redesigned the layout and added the forums. It’s pretty slick.

I like the new monkey designs but I have a soft spot for the old stuffed versions.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve been hearing about that. I’m on Android.
I only recently (finally?) got the app.
Are there forums on the app somewhere? I’ve just been using the browser.

They’re built-in now, at least on the beta. Again, I don’t know if the non-beta on Android has that yet. Here’s a screenshot (I’m not logged in on the app):

1 Like

The newest version of the app for iOS has forums at the bottom.
edit: Peace and I posted at the same time.

1 Like

They’re still in the daily digest! I’m told it uses the cartoon version in the app for branding consistency or something. I just fill the cereal bar, though someone recently stole my Replace Milk dash button. Sadness.