Ninja CREAMi 7-Program Ice Cream Maker

Ninja CREAMi 7-Program Ice Cream Maker

2 Likes

Bought this during last sale. Fun machine but not using it nearly enough at the moment (too busy, not a fault of the machine).

Note that when I bought my machine the “In the box” listing said it came with two pints, but mine arrived with three. There was one pre-installed in the machine and two in a separate holder. I’m not sure if this would be the case for all of them. Otherwise Ninja sells additional pints.

First thing I made was pineapple sorbet, aka Dole Whip. Took a can of pineapple chunks, poured straight into pint container, and froze overnight. Ran it through the Sorbet cycle and ended up with a sweet and smooth pineapple dessert. At the moment I’m experimenting with a pina colada mixture. Haven’t got it quite right yet.

This is basically the scaled down home version of a Pacojet. It takes a pre-frozen mixture and grinds it into the desired consistency. I like that there is alot less mess and setup than a traditional ice cream freezer and it has more abilities than a freezer. On the other hand it takes a bit of planning. You cannot buy ingredients in the morning and have ice cream that evening. Everything has to be pre-frozen a full 24 hours minimum in advance.

That said, with multiple pint containers it doesn’t take much to have a few “base” flavors made ahead of time. Vanilla can be turned into other flavors by adding ingredients during a mix-in cycle.

4 Likes

Excuse me while I go to the grocery store - pineapple sorbet sounds amazing

4 Likes

I bought one of these for a friend when they were on Woot last time - she and her kids love it.

I bought one from Costco and one from Amazon and have not had a chance to use them.

There are tons if recipes and videos online for them

3 Likes

Mine came with three pints too. I like using Arnold Palmer or trader Joe’s half lemonade half iced tea and the sorbet setting in it.

2 Likes

Did you get the 7-function model or the 5? Is it worth it to get the more ‘functional’ one for gelato and whatever “smoothie bowls” are?

1 Like

If I could give you a helpful badge, I would. But I’m not even a volunteer moderator…

Anyway, thanks for that brilliant breakdown!

3 Likes

The 7 program model. Have not tried all the buttons yet so can’t really say whether or not it’s worth it. I figured for just $10 more I would rather have too many buttons than not enough.

4 Likes

Dole whip sounds soo good. Too late for the store now, but ill be up bright and early for some! And Thanks for the tips!

3 Likes

Works with “chunks” or “tidbits”.

4 Likes

Made this Pineapple Sorbet today, using chunks in natural juice - was worried it might not turn out as well as chunks in syrup, but it was perfect and delicious!!

7 Likes