Ninja Creami Owners - Share Your Ice Cream Experiences & Recipes!

Every time the Ninja Creami has come up for sale on Woot, there has been plenty of discussion on the individual sales threads sharing tips and experiences, but I thought it might also be nice to have one central thread for folks to share pictures & recipes without having to track back to multiple previous sales.

Links to those earlier discussions:

May 1, 2022

May 22, 2022

June 22, 2022

August 22, 2022

September 16, 2022

September 24, 2022

November 30, 2022

December 27, 2022

February 26, 2023

March 28, 2023

March 28, 2023 #2

If you think your Creami came missing the pint containers, be sure to look for a hidden compartment at the bottom of the box - they are probably just hiding! :slight_smile:

Helpful links others have shared:

Ninja Creami Instruction Manual

Pdf of the Creami Recipe Booklet

Ninja Creami Website Links

Ninja Test Kitchen - Ice Cream Creations

I’ll start things off with the few recipes I’ve tried so far (only remembered to take pictures for a couple of them though).

For reference:
I bought the 7 Program version, although I’ve only used the Ice Cream, Sorbet, and Re-Spin functions, so far.
Mine was a referb, and there is definitely minor/cosmetic signs of previous ownership (surface scratches on the plastic). My mom also bought one from the same sale, and hers looks brand new. :woman_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

Sugar Free/Low Carb Strawberry Ice Cream:

Ingredients

• 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cleaned and quartered
  • 2 tsp Stevia
  • 2 Tbsp Softened Cream Cheese
  • 1 tsp lemon juice
  • 1 cup heavy cream

Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender, and pulse to combine (alternatively you could just mash everything together VERY well, most important is to try to get the cream cheese incorporated), add to Creami cup up to the max fill line, freeze 24 hrs, blend on Ice Cream setting.

Pineapple Sorbet:

Can of pineapple chunks in Natural Juice

Pour whole thing into a Creami Cup, freeze 24 hrs, blend on Sorbet setting (had to “Re-Spin” to get a perfect consistency on this one)

Peach Sorbet:

Canned (jarred) Peaches from Georgia, in syrup (half were “spiced” peaches, half were plain)

Dice up peaches, and completely fill a Creami Cup to the max line, pour syrup from the jar to cover the diced peaches (filling in the gaps). Freeze 24 hrs, blend on Sorbet setting (had to “Re-Spin” to get a perfect consistency on this one).

Peaches & Cream Ice Cream

2 Large Fresh peaches, cut into chunks (no need to even peel them!!)
1 Cup Sweet Cream flavored Coffee Creamer (I used Chobani brand)
1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice

Add everything to the Creami Cup, mixing well! Amount of fresh peach can be adjusted to fill the jar to the proper “max fill” line. Freeze 24 hrs, blend on Ice Cream setting.

*This one was a bit too sweet & vanilla-y for me, I would probably cut the creamer with some regular cream next time; although other family members loved it “as-is”.

4 Likes

Tried a new recipe last night. Mostly based on this:

I did increase the amount of cream cheese and the amount of blueberries, so that my end result could be…

Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream!!

It was soooo good! I think next time I might decrease the vanilla by a tad (although other tasters last night said the vanilla amount was perfect, it was slightly too strong for me in this combo).
I served it with my Homemade Blueberry Banana Bread.

6 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS :green_heart: :green_heart:

1 Like

I dropped the cash. Downloaded a bunch. Now I must wait. Ugh!

Found another use for my Creami!

I had a pint of Talenti Cold Brew Coffee Gelato that’s been sitting in my freezer for almost a month.
When it was delivered with my groceries it was a bit crystal-y, like it had defrosted a bit in the stores freezers and was refrozen.

I haven’t tossed it because the cheap side of my brain (Talenti is expensive!) was convinced I would eventually bring it back to the store for exchange or something (yeah… sure LOL).

I decided to try an experiment. I put it into the fridge and let it completely defrost, and then poured it into a Creami container and refroze it.

24 hours later, I put it on the machine on the gelato setting, and it came out perfect!
I think the texture was even better than regular Talenti - came out silky almost like a firm soft-serve.

7 Likes

Still waiting on my delivery. Hurry up already!

2 Likes

IT.
HAS.
ARRIVED!

Let the experimenting begin :green_heart:

5 Likes

Yeayyyy!! I can’t wait to hear what you try!!

3 Likes

Just a Ninja Creami update. First successful dessert was pineapple sorbet. Who would have thought canned fruit would be so delicious! The machine is a little loud but only for a short time. I cannot wait for the next one!!

4 Likes

That’s a good one to start with… no effort, high reward!!

3 Likes

Hubby and I are already plotting the next try.

1 Like

I think I wanna try something in the chocolate/mocha arena next.

2 Likes

A thousand times yes!

Hubby says ewww.

He has issues. /shrug

3 Likes

It arrived, with no pint containers. Is this happening with other people? I was offered a $23 refund, but Amazon has the set of two pint containers for $47.67. I would request a replacement, but if they are all arriving without any pint containers…

As far as I have read from others (with the 7 cycle version), they have all arrived with 3 pint containers & storage lids - 2 at the top of the box, and 1 loaded into the holder of the machine.

Amazon has been out of stock for a while now, which is why you are seeing the inflated secondary seller prices on there. You can get 2 containers on HSN for about $26 including shipping. Target also sells them for about $20 for 2 (shipping varies), but they have also been out of stock.

I would definitely ask for a return and replacement, if all they are offering is $23. To replace the 3 containers, would cost about $30, if you can find them, plus shipping (and tax).

2 Likes

Oh great… Now I want a Ninja Creami!. Do I have to wait until the next :xxx: #WootAfterDark event? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I requested a replacement, but they made it sound kind of iffy.
“We can contact the vendor and check if they have any stock to send you as a replacement. However, please understand that replacement is not guaranteed and vendor may sometimes take 2-3 business days to respond to our requests.”

1 Like

Yeah, being a holiday weekend, it might take a bit longer than usual to hear back from a vendor.

Good luck!

I guess if they don’t have any more now, you could just return for a full refund, and hope Woot brings them back again in a couple weeks. Ya never know, but it has popped up several times now, and the referb is such a good deal (when it comes with all its parts!!).

2 Likes

I got two freeze containers. It works for me!
In freezer with one pineapple (because husband) and strawberry ice cream (last of the spring berries.) Tonight, I shall Creami !!!