Ninja CREAMi 7-Program Ice Cream Maker

Ninja CREAMi 7-Program Ice Cream Maker

3 Likes

How do these work? Do you put some rock solid cream and sugar in and smooth ice cream comes out?

They’re basically a consumer grade version of a Pacojet, a spinning blade goes down and shaves the frozen substance in the jar to create a creamy texture.

3 Likes

Same thing as a f’real “milkshake” machine in corner markets.

5 Likes

I watched a couple of YouTube demos and, holy shit, this thing is loud. Just take a listen: Ninja Creami Review: Does this Ice Cream Maker Work? - YouTube

5 Likes
4 Likes

Bought the 7-program Ninja Creami ice cream maker and it is just wonderful. I make frozen yogurt with it which is low fat and I control the ingredients. I can make it with natural alcohol sugar or control the amount of regular sugar I put in. It breaks up the ice crystals and makes the frozen yogurt like the soft serve yogurt at Costco. That is the key to smooth low fat ice cream or frozen yogurt, you have to break up the ice crystals. I use a touch of half and half with the yogurt when mixing it in the cups and when out the freezer I put in a tablespoon of half and half and start grinding. I use Kirkland Greek Yogurt as the main ingredient. My Ninja is a WINNER and someone finally got it right for make a home made natural low fat yogurt!

13 Likes

Does the machine last long? Their blenders always crapped out after a year of daily use, finally just got a Vitamix several years ago.

We have multiple people in our house so this might just get used once a day, which is worrying with our previous history of their blenders.

2 Likes

Gotta love Freaking Good Reviews!

3 Likes

I got this the last go around. The machine is worth it for the sorbet alone. We’ve done pineapple, peach, and grape fruit sorbet by just dumping a jar in the ninja canister. It’s incredible each time and relatively healthy.

The ice cream has been a little tougher. I made a lemon mint ice cream – the top was creamy but it also got sandy towards the bottom. A respin helped but it wasn’t perfect.

I made a coffee ice cream, but I didn’t add the full amount of sugar. This came out like dip n dots but after some reading the sugar is important for the texture and when using less or no sugar we should’ve used the light ice cream option. I haven’t had a chance to try that out yet though.

This doesn’t come with any of the documentation but it’s all posted online. The base recipes are important because they ensure you get the right textures.

8 Likes

But does it make frozen custard?

“Creamify Technology”

3 Likes

I would really like to buy this. What’s holding me back is the storage space. What would I do with the Cuisinart Ice Cream maker already being stored? I have a habit of buying such items and trying them a few times before forgetting about how much of a pain it is to make rather than just buy it made already at the local grocery.

3 Likes

Same here, but it looks like so much fun.

2 Likes

If you wait for sales, most of the ice cream you buy at the store is going to be much better and cheaper. I’m an icecream-a-holic and still would not buy this. Rocky Road for me or chocolate-peanutbutter, yummy. Unless you have a intolerance for certain basic ingredients and you want ice cream I guess this is OK. Just not for me.

1 Like

Adding: easier as well. Since, some of the ingredients to make ice cream isn’t always available in the house. So, ultimately if I’m driving to grocery for such ingredients. Mine as well buy some ice cream while I’m there instead.

3 Likes

You can make those flavors with this device.

2 Likes

If you are content eating crappy grocery store ice cream, this product may not be for you.

If you have a creative flair, enjoy doing kitchen experiments with family, like trying new flavors, and take satisfaction in making something yourself, then you’ll find this experience most enjoyable.

6 Likes

Ice cream party at your house?

1 Like

I need a good (actually tested) recipe that doesn’t use mostly heavy whipping cream. HWC leaves that chalky weird after taste.

And yes, I have googled recipes and have not found one that tastes creamy like the good store bought brands.